The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

OP is extremely deluded and sheltered.

Leave the country and go live somewhere else for a couple of months, I guarantee you'll come sprinting back, with a whole new and not so retarded perspective on things.

The UK is far from perfect, but it's habitable.
Reply 81
Original post by ommegang12
I hate our weather
I hate our binge drinking culture
I hate most of our cities
I hate most of our food
I hate how we squabble about England, Scotland and Wales when we're basically the same thing with different accents
I hate our attitude towards Europe.
I hate how our tourists behave
I hate our chavs
I hate how we hate Americans
I hate our class system
I hate our elitist education system
I hate how we're jealous of the French
I hate how we think the NHS is something special

I HATE THE UK AND BEING BRITISH

The NHS is pretty special unless you'd like to pay hundreds when your ill :tongue: I'm sure you'd LOVE that and not moan at all. Im sure you'd LOVE to go live in a third world country
I hate how it raises snobs who expect to live in a perfect society and don't realise how lucky they actually are.
Reply 83
lol, you have been spoon fed for to long OP, go out in the real world and you will soon realise how privileged you are :rolleyes:
Reply 84
OMG!! Why are people talking about the third world! We should only be comparing the UK to other European countries! Trust me I have travelled and the grass is greener on the other side.
Reply 85
Have you ever been to France? There's less social deprivation then the UK, less elitism and less general crapness! The cities are nicer, the people are more cultured, the food is better, it's cleaner, the healthcare is better, the girls are fit and scenery is nicer. I don't know how anyone can claim Britain is better than France with a straight face!

Less elitism in France? They invented it.

Cities nicer? Paris is literally covered with dog faeces and asylum seekers living in telephone boxes. The southern cities have a nice facade, and then are basically ghettoes when you scratch the surface. The girls don't wash or shave, and they have self-image values that would horrify most people in Britain that claim to be cultured. Fat women in France do not get jobs.

The riots in Britain a couple of years back are commonplace in France, and there is more knife crime in Marseille than all of the UK. The worst excesses of British police in terms of brutality and corruption would be laughed at as being boyscoutishly straigh-laced in France. If they want to beat or shoot someone- they just do.

People cry "racist Britain" because a fraction of 1% of people vote BNP. Millions upon millions of French vote or have voted for the National Front, and they're making a comeback in a big way.

As for healthcare and general poltics - the country is a mess. They do everything the Labour party did, regardless of which party is in power - and continually pump money into the public sector with no responsibility of requirement for actual results, and when it goes wrong, they all go on strike.
Have you ever been to France? There's less social deprivation then the UK, less elitism and less general crapness! The cities are nicer, the people are more cultured, the food is better, it's cleaner, the healthcare is better, the girls are fit and scenery is nicer. I don't know how anyone can claim Britain is better than France with a straight face!

Britain is better than France.

This post and argument is so ****. 'Yes it is' 'No it isn't'. You just think the grass is greener because you live here, that's all there is to it. Posting on forums with people from all over the world posting on them made me realise there are a ton of people who fetishise Britain, real Anglophiles. The scenery is nicer, have you heard of the Gower Peninsula? Malvern Hills in the Midlands, the Scottish Highlands, the Cotswolds, Cannock Chase, the Peak District etc.

Also my uncle is from Normandy and brought frog's legs and trout back once, would take fish and chips over **** that any day.
Reply 87
OMG!! Why are people talking about the third world! We should only be comparing the UK to other European countries! Trust me I have travelled and the grass is greener on the other side.

You Can't just pick and chose what you compare the country too! That's basically just ignoring countries we are more privileged then and just looking at ones that are better than us! You've TRAVELED you've never lived there long enough to appreciate what we have. The weather here may be crap but at least we don't have forest fires or tsunamis. Personally I'd much rather talk to a chav then someone who whines all the time about how privileged they are in life. Oh No it's not posh enough for Lord ommegang12 what are we going to do
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 88
I love being British.
Reply 89
Original post by Clip
Less elitism in France? They invented it.

Cities nicer? Paris is literally covered with dog faeces and asylum seekers living in telephone boxes. The southern cities have a nice facade, and then are basically ghettoes when you scratch the surface. The girls don't wash or shave, and they have self-image values that would horrify most people in Britain that claim to be cultured. Fat women in France do not get jobs.

The riots in Britain a couple of years back are commonplace in France, and there is more knife crime in Marseille than all of the UK. The worst excesses of British police in terms of brutality and corruption would be laughed at as being boyscoutishly straigh-laced in France. If they want to beat or shoot someone- they just do.

People cry "racist Britain" because a fraction of 1% of people vote BNP. Millions upon millions of French vote or have voted for the National Front, and they're making a comeback in a big way.

As for healthcare and general poltics - the country is a mess. They do everything the Labour party did, regardless of which party is in power - and continually pump money into the public sector with no responsibility of requirement for actual results, and when it goes wrong, they all go on strike.

Typical jealousy!

France has some poor areas, so what? So does the UK. Marseille and Paris inparticualr have areas in the suburbs that are dangerous but compared to places in Glasgow or London they are nothing! The truth is every UK city has many council house areas that are dangerous! But the average look and feel of the cities in the UK is far uglier and more depressing and dirty! The girls don't wash or shave! That's just a dumb stereotype, not true at all. Healthcare in France is the best in the world and politics is crap everywhere!
I hate our weather
I hate our binge drinking culture
I hate most of our cities
I hate most of our food
I hate how we squabble about England, Scotland and Wales when we're basically the same thing with different accents
I hate our attitude towards Europe.
I hate how our tourists behave
I hate our chavs
I hate how we hate Americans
I hate our class system
I hate our elitist education system
I hate how we're jealous of the French
I hate how we think the NHS is something special

I HATE THE UK AND BEING BRITISH

Well piss off to France then and Let the entire world doing the hating on you
Reply 91
Original post by Becky.96
You Can't just pick and chose what you compare the country too! That's basically just ignoring countries we are more privileged then and just looking at ones that are better than us! You've TRAVELED you've never lived there long enough to appreciate what we have. The weather here may be crap but at least we don't have forest fires or tsunamis. Personally I'd much rather talk to a chav then someone who whines all the time about how privileged they are in life. Oh No it's not posh enough for Lord ommegang12 what are we going to do

Yes you can because it's stupid to compare countries with a different history and culture. We should compare ourselves to our European brothers and learn from them how to improve!
Reply 92
Original post by AMGULAW
England and Wales are pretty much the same thing you mean. Scotland has its own legal and education system etc

I think people like you are exactly what was being referred to in the first post.
I hate our work ethic.
Reply 94
Original post by Wilfred Little
Britain is better than France.

This post and argument is so ****. 'Yes it is' 'No it isn't'. You just think the grass is greener because you live here, that's all there is to it. Posting on forums with people from all over the world posting on them made me realise there are a ton of people who fetishise Britain, real Anglophiles. The scenery is nicer, have you heard of the Gower Peninsula? Malvern Hills in the Midlands, the Scottish Highlands, the Cotswolds, Cannock Chase, the Peak District etc.

Also my uncle is from Normandy and brought frog's legs and trout back once, would take fish and chips over **** that any day.

The scenery is nicer!? have you ever been to the alps? Or the French coast? Nowhere in Britain can compare. Those places you listed are OK but nothing special. France has the same population as the UK but twice the land - so there's much more space!
Reply 95
Original post by ConnorB
Well piss off to France then and Let the entire world doing the hating on you

Reply 96
Yes you can because it's stupid to compare countries with a different history and culture. We should compare ourselves to our European brothers and learn from them how to improve!

No country is perfect! Whenever I've been to France I've been disgusted by how dirty places are in Paris and how rude the french are. Everyplace has good and bad points but the British are a lot more privileged than over half the world. You should appreciate what you have instead of whining about what you don't have. WHAT DIFFERENCE ARE YOU MAKING TO ANYTHING?
Reply 97
I hear ya! Completely agree. Britain is a **** hole
Reply 98
Original post by thatrollingstone
OP is extremely deluded and sheltered.

Leave the country and go live somewhere else for a couple of months, I guarantee you'll come sprinting back, with a whole new and not so retarded perspective on things.

The UK is far from perfect, but it's habitable.

What a silly thing to say, plenty of Brits move away to Europe, America, Canada, Australia, New Zealand etc and never look back.
Reply 99
Original post by uktotalgamer
I hate our work ethic.

You mean we work too hard?

Latest