The Student Room Group

What to pick for Law

i was looking to become a lawyer, however studying law at a good uni doesn't require any specific courses at A-level. I was thinking to pick biology, English lit, psychology & possibly maths but I don't like maths at all so what would be a better choice?
English is definately what most universities will ask for. Also if you can do Modern Studies this will also help a lot as well as you keep up to date with current affairs. Also the main thing you should do, is try to get some practical experience by getting work experience ina law firm. :top:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Iqra98
i was looking to become a lawyer, however studying law at a good uni doesn't require any specific courses at A-level. I was thinking to pick biology, English lit, psychology & possibly maths but I don't like maths at all so what would be a better choice?

History and geography are good subjects to consider doing. Your other subjects sound fine though.
Yeah I'd suggest a subject like history :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
History is a very good subjective to have studied since it teaches you how to write essays which is very important for law. Had I not done History I would have been in quite a difficult position right now since they don't teach you how to write essays at University. Other than that any essay based subject will help. I did two essay based subjects and two sciences.

The main thing is to pick subjects that you will enjoy and thus do well in. AAA in Politics, Media Studies and law is probably better than BBB in Maths, Physics and chemistry.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by adamsmithqm
History is a very good subjective to have studied since it teaches you how to write essays which is very important for law. Had I not done History I would have been in quite a difficult position right now since they don't teach you how to write essays at University. Other than that any essay based subject will help. I did two essay based subjects and two sciences.

The main thing is to pick subjects that you will enjoy and thus do well in. AAA in Politics, Media Studies and law is probably better than BBB in Maths, Physics and chemistry.

Thanks that helped so much, and yeah it's true I don't want to end up with a B In maths so maybe I should replace it with chemistry because i do enjoy that. I have English lit & psychology which are essay based or isn't psychology ?

Quick Reply

Latest