The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Interview Invites

Hi, I am a student from Malaysia so I took SPM in secondary school but took Cambridge A-levels later.

I got 10A+ for SPM, for A-levels I already got my final grades which are A*AAA and yet I have not received any from KCL. Is this a problem? My UKCAT score was not so high, 640 and I am Band 3. How likely are my chances to be invited for an interview?
Original post by The Eager One
Hi, I am a student from Malaysia so I took SPM in secondary school but took Cambridge A-levels later.

I got 10A+ for SPM, for A-levels I already got my final grades which are A*AAA and yet I have not received any from KCL. Is this a problem? My UKCAT score was not so high, 640 and I am Band 3. How likely are my chances to be invited for an interview?

In all honesty, your chances of an invite are very low.
Last year the rough cut off point was around 695. The average UKCAT score has gone up this year. You want an average of over 740 to be safe.

What other unis have you applied to?
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2

tbh, if you haven't heard by now, for intl's, it isn't good news.
Reply 3
Original post by tarhuni
In all honesty, your chances of an invite are very low.
Last year the rough cut off point was around 695. The average UKCAT score has gone up this year. You want an average of over 740 to be safe.

What other unis have you applied to?

Oh Hi! Thanks for the info! Oh, I got rejected from other unis I applied for as well. I got conditional offer from University of Edinburgh for Medical Science, but it's not want I want.
Reply 4
Original post by hslakaal
tbh, if you haven't heard by now, for intl's, it isn't good news.

The thing is none of my friends got any replies yet. And they have pretty good UKCAT scores.
Oh Hi! Thanks for the info! Oh, I got rejected from other unis I applied for as well. I got conditional offer from University of Edinburgh for Medical Science, but it's not want I want.

Did you get rejected by King's?

That's not too bad; some people complete a degree in medical science and apply for GEM (graduate entry medicine).

Or you can apply again this year (but focus on acing your UKCAT).

All the best!
Reply 6
The thing is none of my friends got any replies yet. And they have pretty good UKCAT scores.

Yeah... it's a bit late. It's not that rare of a thing to have high UKCAT scores I'm afraid.

I hope I'm wrong. but there's always next year if I'm not :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest