The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Nottingham Trent uni 2014 sandwich course

Hi guys
I am going to make Nottingham Trent my first choice for 2014 for doing business studies. Was just wondering whether many people were planning on doing the sandwich 4 year for their course? Just wondering whether it is worth it, wouldn't want to be on my own in the last year of uni.
Original post by Jobie123
Hi guys
I am going to make Nottingham Trent my first choice for 2014 for doing business studies. Was just wondering whether many people were planning on doing the sandwich 4 year for their course? Just wondering whether it is worth it, wouldn't want to be on my own in the last year of uni.

Hi Jobie123,

I'm Rob and I'm currently on my placement year working for the university as a Marketing Assistant. I study Business Management with Marketing and I would definitely recommend doing the 4 year course.

Firstly, while a lot of people do get placements, some don't but for those that don't it is easy to transfer to the straight three year course.

Secondly, some of your friends will be doing a placement year so you won't be lonely in your final year. I also worried about this but I no longer do. If you join a society you find that you develop loads of friends in the year below, so they will be around for your final year.

More importantly, the placement provides you with excellent contacts, well-developed key transferable skills, an understanding of the general working world and so much more. It can massively enhance you CV and help with employment prospects.

Hope that helps!

Any more questions?
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Nottingham Trent University
Hi Jobie123,

I'm Rob and I'm currently on my placement year working for the university as a Marketing Assistant. I study Business Management with Marketing and I would definitely recommend doing the 4 year course.

Firstly, while a lot of people do get placements, some don't but for those that don't it is easy to transfer to the straight three year course.

Secondly, some of your friends will be doing a placement year so you won't be lonely in your final year. I also worried about this but I no longer do. If you join a society you find that you develop loads of friends in the year below, so they will be around for your final year.

More importantly, the placement provides you with excellent contacts, well-developed key transferable skills, an understanding of the general working world and so much more. It can massively enhance you CV and help with employment prospects.

Hope that helps!

Any more questions?

Hi Rob,

Thanks thats a great help! I just didn't want to be on my own in my final year. But the placement looks like a good opportunity that shouldn't really be missed!

Do many subjects have placement years?
Hi again,

Don't worry about being alone in your final year - it won't happen :smile:

The placement is definitely worth it, but it can take some time finding one. The uni provides tonnes of help though. Big companies such as L'Oreal, Rolls Royce, Microsoft, Boots, Paul Smith, the BBC, Disney, Warner Bros, Gucci and so many more offer them.

Most subjects have the option of taking a placement. The majority of business courses have the option to take a placement. Law, Animal Science, Architecture, Engineering, Real Estate, Product Design, Fashion Management, Textiles, Languages, Bioscience and loads more courses do as well.

Can I help you with anything else?
Reply 4
Hey!

I'm doing business studies too and I'm doing the placement year also! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 5
Yay not alone haha. :smile:
Reply 6
Yay not alone haha. :smile:

Yes! I was apprehensive because I thought id be one of the only ones doing a placement year:frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Same, such a good opportunity though! Hopefully there will be a lot of people doing sandwich courses :/
Reply 8
Same, such a good opportunity though! Hopefully there will be a lot of people doing sandwich courses :/

Yes definitely! We are lucky we get one so might as well take the opportunity!:smile:
Yeah I know:/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Im doing a Law placement and i was thinking this too! BUT ITS GOOD TO KNOW THERE WILL BE PEOPLE MY AGE IN FOURTH YEAR!! whoo!
Reply 10
Original post by AmrikSingh
Im doing a Law placement and i was thinking this too! BUT ITS GOOD TO KNOW THERE WILL BE PEOPLE MY AGE IN FOURTH YEAR!! whoo!

I will be starting uni age 21 so I won't be the same age haha
Reply 11
I will be starting uni age 21 so I won't be the same age haha

im sure you'll still be fun!:smile:
Reply 12
Original post by AmrikSingh
im sure you'll still be fun!:smile:

I still act like I am 18 haha
Reply 13
I'm doing a sandwich course too, International Business! Haha I'll be in Spain for two years for mine so I'll be sooopa lonely ahahaha
Reply 14
In Spain for 2 years? Sounds nice to me! Ha!
Reply 15
In Spain for 2 years? Sounds nice to me! Ha!

Yeah but it'll be so lonely!! I'll either have to sneak a friend over in my suitcase or chat up the locals hahaha
Reply 16
Original post by emmaohboy
Yeah but it'll be so lonely!! I'll either have to sneak a friend over in my suitcase or chat up the locals hahaha[/

Yea thinks maybe you should go for the second option unless you have a very small friend haha
Reply 17
[QUOTE="Jobie123;46694677"]
Original post by emmaohboy
Yeah but it'll be so lonely!! I'll either have to sneak a friend over in my suitcase or chat up the locals hahaha[/

Yea thinks maybe you should go for the second option unless you have a very small friend haha

hahaha it's really strange, Spaniards are like fascinated with pale people for some reason...last time I was over I felt like an alien, a woman actually approached me when I was applying sun cream and was like "MUY BLANCA" (very white) ahaha
Hi all,

Getting placement can be tough (but worth it) and very competitive, so try to get some volunteering or work experience sorted before you start applying! Also, my biggest tip to help you get a placement is to sit in the employability area while filling out the forms and sorting your CV, because then any questions you have can be immediately answered and they can proof read all of your applications before you send them off! Really helped me :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending