The Student Room Group

Please help me improve my GCSE French/Spanish

Hi, I am in Year 10 studying for my GCSEs. As well as doing French and Spanish, I am doing English lang, lit, maths, RE, biology, chemistry, history and next year, additional maths. I am predicted A*s in my subjects, and although I work hard at school, I feel I would like to extend my Spanish and French knowledge outside of the GCSE course. I have no plans to do A Level languages, instead going down the science/maths route, but I would love to really push myself in the language area. However, I'm not really sure what path to take. Is a tutor what I need? Considering I am not struggling with either language, I'm not convinced a tutor would suit me. In an ideal world, I would like a small group of people about my age, being taught how to become properly fluent in one or both of these languages, as a GCSE does not exactly satisfy this. I would hope it would also be a good way to improve my self confidence, something I have always had problems with. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I'm looking for? Thank you
Teach yourself :biggrin:

That's what I do now :awesome:

I suggest online Spanish stuff!
Reply 2
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Teach yourself :biggrin:

That's what I do now :awesome:

I suggest online Spanish stuff!

Hello,

Thanks for the reply. I had envisioned some sort of class/course/group as I'd quite like to practise speaking and my conversational skills, but I definitely would consider teaching myself. Would you have any tips/ideas/websites that are useful that you'd be willing to share? I'd be worried I would get overwhelmed and not know where to start!
Original post by zymey
Hello,

Thanks for the reply. I had envisioned some sort of class/course/group as I'd quite like to practise speaking and my conversational skills, but I definitely would consider teaching myself. Would you have any tips/ideas/websites that are useful that you'd be willing to share? I'd be worried I would get overwhelmed and not know where to start!

I used about.com for all my grammar with French (probably can use it for spanish too) and Italian so yeah, I recommend about.com

I just start with grammar, then learn words as I go alone :smile:
Reply 4
Hi Im actually a spanish tutor I think its always better to talk to someone when learning a new language. Would you be interested?

Quick Reply

Latest