The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Primary PGCE 2014-15 at Nottingham Trent University

Hey,

Just wondering if anyone has applied for the primary pgce at trent?

Andy

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi :smile: I applied on 20th December, after waiting nearly a month for references. Not heard anything yet, and starting to worry. Have you heard anything from them?
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
I sent mine off before Christmas, and have attended my interview and have placed. It didn't generally take that long, but it must depend on what course you've applied for?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wrong discussion-.-

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
I have a place at Nottingham Trent for PGCE 2014-15!
Reply 5
Original post by _Totoro_
Hi :smile: I applied on 20th December, after waiting nearly a month for references. Not heard anything yet, and starting to worry. Have you heard anything from them?

Hey, i applied at the beginning of December and they didnt get back to me until the middle of January! They didnt even use UCAS! They just posted me a pack saying i had an interview in a weeks time. You could always try phoneing them to see when they are going to make decisions?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by emlbep09
I have a place at Nottingham Trent for PGCE 2014-15!

Wahey! Thats great news! Same for me :smile: When did you have your interview? Mine was the 15th Jan!
(edited 10 years ago)
Hi

I am starting the pgce at nottingham trent in september, have you given evidence of passing the QTS tests? if so how? just emailed the letter over?

:smile:
Reply 8
Original post by andy9736
Wahey! Thats great news! Same for me :smile: When did you have your interview? Mine was the 15th Jan!

Original post by char123lotte
Hi

I am starting the pgce at nottingham trent in september, have you given evidence of passing the QTS tests? if so how? just emailed the letter over?

:smile:

congratulations on your offers :smile: my interview was in December now. Yeah, I scanned and emailed my letter to them and that was fine :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Oh okay thank you I shall do that! :smile: have they sent you a welcome pack or anything?? My interview was 16th November :smile:
**december !!!
Reply 11
I need to book my skills tests tbh. Do we actually need to send them any confirmation of passing them though? I was always under the impression that they could find our results out from the NCTL website (where we booked our tests).
Reply 12
I haven't received anything yet, have you?
Yeah they can check online too, so you don't need to send them off to Trent if you don't want to :smile:
Reply 13
Skills tests booked! Ah cool, well i will probably send them something once ive passed. No i havent had anything either, but ive not long had an offer and ive only just accepted it. Maybe they will start sending stuff out once the course is full? Btw, are you guys local or having to relocate? I live about 30 mins away.
Reply 14
Skills tests booked! Ah cool, well i will probably send them something once ive passed. No i havent had anything either, but ive not long had an offer and ive only just accepted it. Maybe they will start sending stuff out once the course is full? Btw, are you guys local or having to relocate? I live about 30 mins away.

I've got a place and am having to relocate but I'm currently going through all the options to decide where is best to live! Anyone else moving to Trent?
Reply 15

I live about 30 minutes away too :smile:
Reply 16

Hey,
I am also on the primary P.G.C.E course and I'm looking for a lodger, are you thinking of moving? NG2 postcode, 10 mins from the city centre with good links bus/tram links to Clifton.
Hi everyone!

I'm also starting on this course in September. Was getting concerned that I'd not received anything since accepting my place but it looks like no one else here has either! I did find a useful bit on their website on preparing for the course, but it's from last year. Probably still useful though, if you want to have a look I found it here: https://www.ntu.ac.uk/edu/courses/prepare_pgce_primary/index.html

Does anyone have any idea of what the course start date will be? I currently work full time and am coming back to uni as a (slightly) mature student, so I'm trying to plan when I'll be leaving work, and given the info on the link above, whether I should take a couple of weeks off beforehand for all the reading and paperwork they talk about! Eeek!
Hi everyone! I'm starting a primary PGCE at Trent in September, really excited :smile: Has anybody heard about when we're meant to do our CRB/DBS checks or when the course starts?

Hannah
They send all the info for DBS checks and work that needs to be done over summer ...I got an email saying we would have heard by March but my friend who did it last year didn't hear from them until July! So I have no idea when we will get all the info through! The course starts on Monday 1st September :smile:

Lotty

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending