The Student Room Group

Does anyone still take baths anymore?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Vladimir Gardin
Did you post this because of my poll :biggrin:

What I mean bath is washing your body, including both bathing and showering !

And replying to your question, I don't have a bathtub so I can only take shower.

Haha, I sure did, although while I knew what you meant, the point did occur to me upon reading your thread.
I hardly ever have showers, I love baths, I'm too lazy to shower and baths are really relaxing.
I can't even remember the last time I had a bath, I must have been about 7.
Reply 23
Bubble bath is great!
I have a bath every other day- I only shower when I need to wash my hair as no matter what I do my hair always gets soaked in the shower. And my hair takes a good half hour to wash in a shower.
So I use less water by having a bath (which isn't often something said apparently) and I can take my time. And read sometimes which is nice.
I stopped baths when I was a child, it's showers now. Baths are disgusting you're basically sitting in your own dirt.
Original post by Fizzel
Hell yeah I have a bath everyday, its relaxing. Its hardly time consuming, you can read, listen to a podcast or watch something while doing it. Anyone on TSR claiming they don't have time is lying to themselves, you come on precisely because you have time.

For me it's a choice. TSR and a quick shower, or no TSR. There is no time for TSR and bath.

Ultimately TSR and a quick shower usually wins.
I never have baths. Don't they generally waste more water anyway? >:0
Aint nobody got time for that!
I'm only using a bath now because my shower is broke. I hate them though. Showers any day.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 30
Original post by DouglasAdams
I have a bath, but to be honest, they kind of used to bore me. Now I always take showers. After all, who gets the time to bath these days?
Then again, I'm a boy and I suspect this may make a difference.

Yep I am female and I love to have a soak :smile: I do like showers for the convenience but baths win hands down :smile:.
Original post by Maid Marian
I always have baths :redface:
I couldn't imagine having a shower. What would I do with my hair? How would I shave my legs? How would I stand up that long without aching?

Welcome back son
Nope, never. Instagram proves that baths are by no means dead though :smile:
Baths :cool:

They are great after playing football all day. Bath & play games on your phone. 147 on Total Snooker the other day :cool:.
Reply 34
I always have showers I can't stand having baths I always feel unclean afterwards and don't feel relaxed in the slightest!
Original post by UnknownRoyalist
Welcome back son

Thanks!! :h:
I have a bath every week day at 6:45am.
Baths are brilliant for having some thinking time, or for chillaxing before bed. Don't like them in the morning though, they make me feel tired.

Original post by Fizzel
Anyone on TSR claiming they don't have time is lying to themselves, you come on precisely because you have time.

Bingo :wink:
I used to bath for hours, I'd read half a book. Hate that feeling when you get up though. When I do bath I have to have a rinse under the shower after.

My bath is shaped like a 'P', one end is almost circular so that half is really comfortable to splodge out in. Full of bloody Barbie heads and bodies all the time though.
Reply 39
Not really, I used to. Too much effort tbh.

Quick Reply

Latest