The Student Room Group

Choosing a level options- please help!

I have to choose my a levels in the next few days, and I'm really stuck on what to take, so i was hoping for some advice?? I'm defo doing chemistry and biology, and then i am doing maths/further maths (its an option where i can do the maths a level in year 12 and then choose to do further in year 13, which i probably won't, but i want to get the maths a level done in one year), and them I'm really stuck between physics and french! I want to do medicine at uni, so i need really good a level grades. I really like french, but i also like physics.... what do you guys think?
Original post by buzzkid101
I have to choose my a levels in the next few days, and I'm really stuck on what to take, so i was hoping for some advice?? I'm defo doing chemistry and biology, and then i am doing maths/further maths (its an option where i can do the maths a level in year 12 and then choose to do further in year 13, which i probably won't, but i want to get the maths a level done in one year), and them I'm really stuck between physics and french! I want to do medicine at uni, so i need really good a level grades. I really like french, but i also like physics.... what do you guys think?

It doesn't really make a difference if you do French or Physics. I'd just go for the one you enjoy more or are better at.

(Are there any particular universities you are interested in?)
Reply 2
Original post by Chief Wiggum
It doesn't really make a difference if you do French or Physics. I'd just go for the one you enjoy more or are better at.

(Are there any particular universities you are interested in?)

Yes I was thinking Cambridge, St.Georges, Imperial...
What do you think they'd prefer? or would they not be too fussed?
Original post by buzzkid101
Yes I was thinking Cambridge, St.Georges, Imperial...
What do you think they'd prefer? or would they not be too fussed?

I don't think they'd be too fussed.

Physics is definitely considered more relevant by Cambridge, but I'm really just saying that in case you have literally nothing else to separate the 2 subjects by - plenty of people get into Cambridge without Physics.

UCL state they gave "some preference" to people with a contrasting subject.

I'd just go for the one you like better or are better at.
Reply 4
Original post by Chief Wiggum
I don't think they'd be too fussed.

Physics is definitely considered more relevant by Cambridge, but I'm really just saying that in case you have literally nothing else to separate the 2 subjects by - plenty of people get into Cambridge without Physics.

UCL state they gave "some preference" to people with a contrasting subject.

I'd just go for the one you like better or are better at.

Thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest