The Student Room Group

Please check my writing - short (150 words)

Could you please check my rationale for my written assignment for any mistakes.. I have to introduce the writing, state my aims and how they have been achieved. Thank you sooooo much!
(edited 10 years ago)
Sounds great so far, well done :smile:

I only noticed one mistake, shouldn't it be "rumour"? Unless you're American or something :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Lucy96
Sounds great so far, well done :smile:

I only noticed one mistake, shouldn't it be "rumour"? Unless you're American or something :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you so much for checking it! :hugs:

P.S. I am not American and actually English is my second language, but Word is automatically correcting some words.
Original post by m-mdm
Thank you so much for checking it! :hugs:

P.S. I am not American and actually English is my second language, but Word is automatically correcting some words.

You're welcome :hugs: sounds like it'll be a very interesting piece, great idea :biggrin:

Aw I feel mean now :colondollar: pretty impressive considering it's your second language :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Lucy96
You're welcome :hugs: sounds like it'll be a very interesting piece, great idea :biggrin:

Aw I feel mean now :colondollar: pretty impressive considering it's your second language :smile:

haha, thank you! :jumphug:

I have an exam tomorrow (IB English B) and this is my topic. I am preparing now.. in the last moment and that's the reason why I can't ask a teacher to check it. :stupido:
Original post by m-mdm
Could you please check my rationale for my written assignment for any mistakes.. I have to introduce the writing, state my aims and how they have been achieved. Thank you sooooo much!

My written assignment represents a newspaper article about Jay Gatsby’s the death of Jay Gatsby from in the book “The Great Gatsby”, written by F. Scott Fitzgerald. My aim is to challenge my understanding of the book and especially about its protagonist. Furthermore, I want to present an objective perspective of the event and of the main character, which is different from that the perception of the narrator. This is the reason why I have chosen newspaper article for the format of the writing. In order to achieve these aims, the article gives detailed information about the death of Gatsby and facts, opinions and rumours about his life. The article is providinges information in a narrative style with prim and proper, accessible language. Furthermore, it is written in a clear and concise way, aiming to inform a wide range of audience. Additionally, There are references to what people have said about Gatsby, in order to present different viewpoints about of him.

Corrected the mistakes.
Reply 6
Original post by Good bloke
Corrected the mistakes.

Thank you so, so much!!! It is much better now! :h:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending