The Student Room Group

Teaching English abroad

Hello

I have wanted to teach english as a language in either Korea or Japan ever since I was 11. I know roughly how to get out there and even have an idea as to what company I want to go with. The problem is that I would have to do an English Bachelor's degree at Uni... I wouldn't mind this, if only creative writing didn't mean pulling literacy apart :angry:. So, I was wondering if anyone knows if I can do a language at Bachelor level and still do my dream job or if I should find another career goal.

Please help me!
Original post by The Trufoyles
Hello

I have wanted to teach english as a language in either Korea or Japan ever since I was 11. I know roughly how to get out there and even have an idea as to what company I want to go with. The problem is that I would have to do an English Bachelor's degree at Uni... I wouldn't mind this, if only creative writing didn't mean pulling literacy apart :angry:. So, I was wondering if anyone knows if I can do a language at Bachelor level and still do my dream job or if I should find another career goal.

Please help me!

Hey! I know you made this thread three weeks ago, but I can give you some info if you like :smile:
The fact that you have to do an English degree to teach in Korea or Japan...is not a fact. No, you don't have to. There are a few programs I've seen where you'll need a degree and a TEFL/TESOL qualification (over 100 hours, online or in-class) and there's some where all you need is a degree and enthusiasm. I know a few people teaching in South Korea and they did a science degree, so its possible! PM me if you want more details, hope this helped!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending