The Student Room Group

What's your favourite type of cake? (Need suggestions!)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ronove
That's Victoria sponge. :smile:

Then victoria sponge with icing (the icing is the best bit) :smile:
Reply 41
Original post by daisychain_
Then victoria sponge with icing (the icing is the best bit) :smile:

Sometimes all you need is an iced finger bun. :tongue:
Chocolate Fudge Cake :h: Also love birthday cake (Victoria Sponge with icing) :smile:
Original post by Ronove
Sometimes all you need is an iced finger bun. :tongue:

those are nice too :yep:
Reply 44
Chocolate fudge cake or a victoria sponge yummmm
Original post by Sakura-Chan
Later this week, my boyfriend and I will be entertaining his grandparents for the afternoon/evening, and somehow we've developed a bit of a reputation for making good cakes :redface: Little do they know that we've only ever made three types; lemon drizzle, sponge cake with jam and cream, and orange and chocolate marble cake.

So with that in mind, we're kind of stuck for now. I've been looking for ideas but nothing is really grabbing me.

... Which made me wonder, what type of cakes do you guys like best? GIVE ME CAKE IDEAS! (Please!)

P.s. I'm not massively keen on chocolate cake, I'm the type of person who'd rather eat chocolate on it's own than have it mixed up in cake mixture, so that's making this a bit more difficult too. Any ideas that aren't chocolate based would be totally appreciated.

P.p.s. It would be much easier to buy one, I know, but I'm sure they'd be able to tell straight away that we cheated.

cheesecake

Quick Reply

Latest