The Student Room Group

Manchester United star takes a girl on a date to Nando's and is criticised

Scroll to see replies

Original post by samba
Not really, but then of the limited pool of footballers I ever met socially [about 3 in total over my entire lifetime :P] the only one that didn't generally turn up in training kit like stuff to a movie or whatever was Ronaldo. Not exactly a great sample size, but trackies to them are probably just like jeans and a shirt to us :P As I said, he'll learn!

Balotelli does it too and nobody can say he isn't a good dresser.

Can they?
Reply 21
She's clearly a gold digger. If she met someone and didn't know how much they were earning she wouldn't think twice about being taken to nandos!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just another Wag Wannabe. Good for him that he's smart enough to expose her like that. Girls like this have no shame whatsoever, driven by money.
Reply 23
Lol at how he got a shag, free parking and a £50 voucher from Nando's too. Profit. This boy will go far.
Reply 24
Original post by Four Queue
Just another Wag Wannabe. Good for him that he's smart enough to expose her like that. Girls like this have no shame whatsoever, driven by money.

She exposed herself, really.
cost,
cost,
that cost me 30 pound
cost
cost

greedy filthy artificial ugly (both personality and appearance) gold-digger

she got served, cheap dates for cheap ****
(edited 10 years ago)
Girls like that will never care about the man; only what he can give her in terms of material worth and the status and jealously she gets from being by his side.

If I was a huge celebrity, I'd still go to Nando's, it's ****ing tasty

Edit: I honestly believe he's actually smart and was testing her, and that the second date he would have taken her somewhere luxurious and expensive.
(edited 10 years ago)
She possibly had the right to be dissapointed, but not the right to feel entitled. Sounds like she expected the full WAG treatment and felt entitled to it.
Reply 28
She won't be tasting his Piri Piri Sauce then
Reply 29
Original post by yo radical one
Girls like that will never care about the man; only what he can give her in terms of material worth and the status and jealously she gets from being by his side.

If I was a huge celebrity, I'd still go to Nando's, it's ****ing tasty

Edit: I honestly believe he's actually smart and was testing her, and that the second date he would have taken her somewhere luxurious and expensive.

Lol i just realised how the lad didn't even want to miss his high protein dinner hahaha :biggrin: , he was probably thinking about fitting in his macros all along.
Reply 30
Omg what a b**** Adnan is well sweet and totally desrves someone way better than some slut who has to spend £30 just on make-up :mad:
Original post by gemmam
Im not mad about it, just isnt appropriate wear for a date really is it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Eh if they're only going nandos. I mean day to day wear I'll have either chinos on or those sort of halfway houses between combats and chinos. I'd wear the same for a date unless it was a very upmarket place, even then I'd try and get away with smart casual, because I don't like dressing up fancy. No point putting on a false impression. But I'd have paid for her parking, top gent right here. :tongue:
To be fair I myself would not wear a tracksuit but at 18 I would have. Januzaj is just being himself tbh.
Reply 33
Original post by Mr_Vain
Lol i just realised how the lad didn't even want to miss his high protein dinner hahaha :biggrin: , he was probably thinking about fitting in his macros all along.

Rather slow aren't you lol?
Reply 34
What a **** gold digger, she knows he's got it and it was obviously some sort of test to weed her out. Should have played along and been in it for the long run.
While I can see how one might be disappointed if you went to great lengths to get ready for a date and they rock up in trackies, her subsequent action has exposed her motives for all to see.
I'd rather go to Nando's than a Michelin star restaurant on a first date anyway, the likelihood of me making a dick of myself is high enough as it is, without the added etiquette and social protocols. Poor lad, at least he found out quick enough what she was like (and/or already sussed that out from the get-go hence the cheap hotel).
Reply 37
Original post by samba
Rather slow aren't you lol?

It's a Monday :redface: .
Original post by Mr_Vain
She exposed herself, really.

True, but we can credit him with the assist. Her obsession with making easy money is clearly bigger than her brain.
Reply 39
Original post by a chinese loser
Or he was just testing her.

How? I think most people wouldnt be that impressed if they went on a date and the other person turned up in a tracksuit (it actually happend to me a few years back although it was him making a racist remark about another customer in the pub which put me off him rather than what he was wearing). I do think Januzaj had a lucky escape though.

Original post by samba
Not really, but then of the limited pool of footballers I ever met socially [about 3 in total over my entire lifetime :P] the only one that didn't generally turn up in training kit like stuff to a movie or whatever was Ronaldo. Not exactly a great sample size, but trackies to them are probably just like jeans and a shirt to us :P As I said, he'll learn!

Suppose so.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest