The Student Room Group
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website

Royal Holloway 2014 firmers

I've accepted my conditional offer for Human Resource Management! Firm choice. What about you guys?

Scroll to see replies

Firming for English and Classical Studies! :smile:
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website
I've firmed for psychology! Just need to get those grades now...

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm going to be firming for History.. Just need at least a c in maths which I hate!! :/ fingers crossed :smile: happy examinations guys, might just see you all soon
Reply 4
Original post by lewis.robo0794
I'm going to be firming for History.. Just need at least a c in maths which I hate!! :/ fingers crossed :smile: happy examinations guys, might just see you all soon

Sounds like the history offer I'm hoping for, do you mind saying what your whole offer is? Maths is the subject that's going to be very difficult for me :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
No problem :smile: the offer is, DDM, for my business course and a grade c in maths and the same for English.. Have you not heard back yet? I'm going for an applicant visit day on Saturday.. So excited!! We should revise for maths together lol I just don't understand algebra! Cheers, Lewis
Reply 6
Original post by lewis.robo0794
No problem :smile: the offer is, DDM, for my business course and a grade c in maths and the same for English.. Have you not heard back yet? I'm going for an applicant visit day on Saturday.. So excited!! We should revise for maths together lol I just don't understand algebra! Cheers, Lewis

Do you do history atm? Are you saying you need a C in english and a C in maths? That's so good!

haha yeah sure what maths modules do you do?
Nope I don't do History... I'm doing business but history is my one true love so to speak haha and yep, looks that way! Can't see what maths we will be doing on our history course but hey ho, such is life! I'm just revising hard, algebra mainly, I didn't go to school so literally the first time I'd seen algebra was 3 weeks ago lol need to catch up :smile: let me know if anything changes!
I have made it my firm choice for Management :smile:
Reply 9
Firming for Classical Studies with Philosophy :biggrin:
Firm choice for English Lit with Creative Writing. :smile:
Reply 11
I've firmed unconditional for Politics and International Relations!
This group makes me so happy :smile:
Yay for all of you that have firmed RHUL!

If you want to have a look at the societies we offer:
https://www.su.rhul.ac.uk/societies/

If you want to have a look at the sports clubs:
http://www.su.rhul.ac.uk/sports/

If you have any questions, get in touch!
Laurel
Reply 13
Firmed RHUL for Computer science today. Loved the applicant day (It was an excuse for me to see that wonderful campus again!) . Hope the area isnt too flooded for you guys at the moment :s
Reply 14
I'm currently on my gap year, but hold an unconditional Psychology BSc place. Really looking forward to September and starting - my best friend is there now studying English Lit BA and she seems to be loving it! My boyfriend also holds an unconditional offer for Computer Science BSc at RHUL, so even more to be happy about!
Definitely going to apply for accommodation in Williamson/Tuke/Butler as my first choice - love that double beds come as standard! The kitchens also look very good.
Reply 15
Do any of you guys know what the social side of the uni is like? I like to have a few drinks and have a laugh, although I'm not mad on clubs and getting crazy drunk. Pubs are more my thing. I've heard the SU is pretty cool and there are plenty of pubs around but have yet to see them yet
Reply 16
Original post by hellsyeah
Do any of you guys know what the social side of the uni is like? I like to have a few drinks and have a laugh, although I'm not mad on clubs and getting crazy drunk. Pubs are more my thing. I've heard the SU is pretty cool and there are plenty of pubs around but have yet to see them yet

When I've talked to my friend who goes there at the moment, she says that the social life is good. The events/parties that the SU put on are fun (she went to a paint party and James Bond themed night among other things during freshers), and there are a few bars on campus, although The Monkeys Forehead (a pub around the corner) is apparently very popular and makes for an entertaining night.
One event that was supposedly quite good was an outing into London during freshers where you paid for a ticket for a coach organised by the uni taking you there/back, and this ticket also got you into a variety of clubs. But drinks in London are mega expensive, so really I think as much as the uni advertises the capital as being a major selling point which you can get to easily, it's still just under an hour away on the train, so quite pricey.
Other popular places for nights out I've heard include Windsor and Guildford.
In general, what I've heard is that RHUL has a fairly good social life. Not as good as some city unis, for obvious reasons, but still a lot of fun. On the whole I think people who go to RHUL perhaps have more academic priorities than nights out, but there are always things going on (pyjama parties in Founders!)
https://www.su.rhul.ac.uk/
Original post by hellsyeah

Yeah you're going to fit right in here. There's a 'bar' and a 'pub' on campus, and lots just outside in the local area!
I've firmed English :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
Does anyone have any ideas what accommodation they're applying for? Torn between the social life (and catered-ness..) of Founders and how nice TWB look!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending