The Student Room Group

GCSE Stats vs FSMQ

Hi all,

I had an A* in year 10. I'm in year 11 now, and I began stats at the beginning of the year as an additional GCSE provided by my school. Now, in January, the school offered me to change from stats course to do the OCR FSMQ (Additional Maths). I don't know, shall I change to additional maths and learn the syllabus in 4 months, or continue with stats?

Please reply asap
Regards

Omar
Original post by omarzizo
Hi all,

I had an A* in year 10. I'm in year 11 now, and I began stats at the beginning of the year as an additional GCSE provided by my school. Now, in January, the school offered me to change from stats course to do the OCR FSMQ (Additional Maths). I don't know, shall I change to additional maths and learn the syllabus in 4 months, or continue with stats?

Please reply asap
Regards

Omar

What's the reason for the change? The work you have been doing all year will effectively be wasted if you do so.
Reply 2
Original post by Mr M
What's the reason for the change? The work you have been doing all year will effectively be wasted if you do so.

Yes, thats what I thought too. There is no reason for the change. Just gave me an extra option, but felt it is a bit late..

Can I have more replies?
(edited 10 years ago)
Yes, thats what I thought too. There is no reason for the change. Just gave me an extra option, but felt it is a bit late..

Can I have more replies?

You can have another reply from me. Finish the statistics course and use the remaining time to maximise the grades in your other GCSEs.
Reply 4

Can I have more replies?

I do not like the GCSE Stats course and, had you been asking in September, which option was preferable I would have said the Add Maths

Now, however, it would be nonsense to switch and would unnecessarily impact on the time that you should be spending on other subjects
Reply 5
Original post by Mr M
You can have another reply from me. Finish the statistics course and use the remaining time to maximise the grades in your other GCSEs.

Well, thanks, I'm trying to get replies because I will tell my teacher tomorrow + Thanks for your replies, wouldn't mind more :biggrin:

Original post by TenOfThem
I do not like the GCSE Stats course and, had you been asking in September, which option was preferable I would have said the Add Maths

Now, however, it would be nonsense to switch and would unnecessarily impact on the time that you should be spending on other subjects

They didn't ask me. At the start of the year, I stood up and argued that I should do Add. Maths, now they're asking me after I forgot Maths (not really, but some hard bits).

Any tips on how to succeed in the stats course (doing Edexcel btw)
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest