The Student Room Group

Do you need A levels to do a law degree

Can you reasonably get a say 2:1, and then be a lawyer or solicitor without A levels,I am doing an Access course, but what would be the relevant subjects Uni's are looking for?
Original post by Chardonnay7
Can you reasonably get a say 2:1, and then be a lawyer or solicitor without A levels,I am doing an Access course, but what would be the relevant subjects Uni's are looking for?

Yes course you can. Relevant subjects law, business, accounting anyfing really.
Reply 2
Original post by abbasahmed786
Yes course you can. Relevant subjects law, business, accounting anyfing really.

Would sociology be relevant?
Would sociology be relevant?

I would personally say it would not be relevant but if you enjoy it then do it. Are you applyong to uni atm.
Reply 4
I would personally say it would not be relevant but if you enjoy it then do it. Are you applyong to uni atm.

Well I have had an offer for Forensic Psychology but I would like to the Uni to change it to Law, but I am not sure they would do that, I need to ring them and speak to them tbh.
Well I have had an offer for Forensic Psychology but I would like to the Uni to change it to Law, but I am not sure they would do that, I need to ring them and speak to them tbh.

I am in the same situation as you. I rang ucas up and they said to wait till august results day and ring the uni up and ask if they got any space. What the uni will do is either ask you to cone for an interview or right a new personal statement. What uni do yu want to go to.
Reply 6
I am in the same situation as you. I rang ucas up and they said to wait till august results day and ring the uni up and ask if they got any space. What the uni will do is either ask you to cone for an interview or right a new personal statement. What uni do yu want to go to.

What was you offered? Portsmouth preferably, you?
What was you offered? Portsmouth preferably, you?

Offered to do accounting and finance at birmingham city university, but I want to do computer science at birmingham city.

What you do is sort your loans and accomodation out and fingers crossed till august.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending