The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Entrance Exam(UGAA)

I am an applicant from India that has recently received an offer to write the UGAA on March 4.
Right now, the only thing I know about these exams would be the past papers. So, I would really like to know some books that discuss this exam in detail. Also, I would love to talk to some people who have written this examination.
I am not very familiar with what the format or style of UK essays are. I have never written a précis before.
:smile:
All help would be appreciated!

Scroll to see replies

I am in the same situation! Any help will be very appreciated!
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
Original post by ^ForTheDream^
I am in the same situation! Any help will be very appreciated!

Where are you from? Was hoping for people with experience, seems like I am going to get only more people like myself! :biggrin:
I am from Romania. How about you?
Reply 4
I am from India as I mentioned earlier. I have my Physics final examinations(the one that I get a conditional on) on the very next day. And, in most likely even if I do clear the UGAA, I will have to achieve above 95 in each and every subject. :/
Reply 5
I'm an Italian Law applicant and I have to sit the exam too!
Reply 6
Wow. Last year 100 wrote it and approximately 15% get in. (LSE website)
Reply 7
Few chances...
which course did you apply for?
Reply 8
L101 Economics. My english is not the best on the spot. What about you?
Reply 9
When did you guys apply? Also another question, do you know if there are any applicants who are taking different than IB or A-Levels examination and haven't been asked to sit the UGAA?
Reply 10
I applied on 15 January. Nope. I am not sure about the applicants with local board systems.

When did you apply and where are you from?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 11
Applied on 2nd January. I am from Poland.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Also have you received 2 week email and than 7 week email?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Yeah. I got a 2 week email and then a day after that, the 7 week email. A week later, I got the UGAA offer. Hope the test goes well.
Any links you found helpful in preparation? Do you know anything about it, other then what is specified in the website?
Reply 14
So far I haven't received the invitation so don't know what to expect, but took a look at the past papers. As for essays there is nothing you can learn in my opinion. You just have to be creative and prepare to discuss some political issues. However there is a part where you have to summarise a text, keeping essential information. It is worth working on. As for mathematics examination, the C section seems to be pretty easy. If your degree requires D section with this more complex maths, you will have to work on derivatives and I also found mathematical induction helpful for proving some statements. Apart from that there are standard exercises which are pretty obvious like 'solve the equation' and so on.
Hi guys!
I am from India as well and I received my UGAA offer, a couple of days back. I am really confused as to where to appear for the test.
Also, how does the admission process work from here onwards?
Hi guys!
I am from India as well.
I received my UGAA offer a couple of days back and am really confused as to how and where to appear for the test!
Reply 17
I'm quite confused too! I'm a Law applicant, what about you?
Original post by eugenia_
I'm quite confused too! I'm a Law applicant, what about you?

Eugenia, where are you from?
Reply 19
Original post by ^ForTheDream^
Eugenia, where are you from?

I'm from Italy! What about you?

Quick Reply

Latest