The Student Room Group

Primark interview tomorrow morning!!!!!

Hi,

Got a Primark interview tomorrow morning and its my fisrt ever job interview!!! They phoned melast week, saying they do not emply temps atm, and they phone me abour 2 hours ago saying would i be interested to work for them during the summer!!!!

Any tips and any questions I should ask the interviewer, or questions that will be asked, will be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks!!!!:smile:

Scroll to see replies

1) Just research a little on the employer (history, etc)...

2) Based on the things they tell you...ask them questions...

3) Be yourself...!!

:smile:
Reply 2
Robusty
Hi,

Got a Primark interview tomorrow morning and its my fisrt ever job interview!!! They phoned melast week, saying they do not emply temps atm, and they phone me abour 2 hours ago saying would i be interested to work for them during the summer!!!!

Any tips and any questions I should ask the interviewer, or questions that will be asked, will be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks!!!!:smile:

my local store were advertising for a temporary evening sales assistant. i applied 3weeks ago and didnt hear anything.

Just be yourself and be confident and you will be fine :smile:
Reply 3
hi, thanks for your advice...my internet was down 2 days ago just after i had my first post here...so i couldn't read your posts... anyway, i had the interview and the interviewer offered me the job straight away!!!! had the induction the same day and started working the next day!!!! so today is my 2nd day at work...i'm currently working at the till and it was really busy yeseterday...was bit shaky when using the till but after several transctions i got really used to it and and now i'm really efficient at it!!
well done on getting the job!

you'll soon be after the management job, the rate you're going :biggrin:
Reply 5
lol, thanks, but i don't think i will since i'm only planning to work as summer temp lol
Reply 6
actaully, i mite request for a promotion after several month, and when its granted, i'll quit unless they increase my wage to summing like £30/hour lol...oh just stop dreaming.....
I'm not sure if you're working evenings but I wouldn't recommend it.

I worked in the Lakeside store for about 5 months 6.30-10.30 and basically they wouldn't let any staff go until the shop was spotless, I never left at 10.30 and once was there until 11.15
Reply 8
carpmasterjong
I'm not sure if you're working evenings but I wouldn't recommend it.

I worked in the Lakeside store for about 5 months 6.30-10.30 and basically they wouldn't let any staff go until the shop was spotless, I never left at 10.30 and once was there until 11.15

MY STORE IS AT LAKESDIE TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

My shift is 2.30 - 6.30

i'm usually at the tills at level 3, if not, i'm around doing recovery stuff..:wink:
if u leave after that time, did u ask for overtime pay for that time?

i did that at my first job,
startin at topshop on tuesdy
i work in lakeside !!
Reply 11
wow...quite a few lakey ppl working here!!!
Reply 12
my local primark doesnt have any vacancies :frown:
Hi I'm going to an open day on wednesday for a new store Primark is opening in my town. Can anyone tell me what it's like to work there or any other informtaion which I might find useful? Thank you.
Reply 14
its just like what you usually see when you go into the store, the supervisors will ask you to go on the till if there are lots of people in the queue, do some folding if there aren't anything to do, do recoveries and stocking etc.

Its basically what everyone would expect to work in Primark or any other clothes shop, lots of standing (if you're doing till) and walking around, delivering.

Hope this helps :smile:
Reply 15
Original post by G&#949
1) Just research a little on the employer (history, etc)...

2) Based on the things they tell you...ask them questions...

3) Be yourself...!!

:smile:

They sell really rank clothes. Is there anything else you need to know?
Thanks Robusty for the info. I went to an open day for Primark today. I thought that I would just be handing my application form in and finding a bit out about the new store etc but it was the interviews as well! I was not prepared for this but it wasn't bad at all. Had a group interview and they chose a few people to interview one-on-one....me! They said they will inform me of the outcome in 7 to 10 days, hopefully I will get a job. Although the pay is only £3.58...slave labour! Well at least it's job and i'm going to keep looking for a better paid job whether I get this one or not.
£3.58?
omg, how old are u? under 18s can get a minimum of £3/hour
jus startd at topshop oxford st 2day- £6/h
Yeah i'm 16, it's rubbish but it'll do until I find a better paid job. When everyone goes off to uni there'll be some vacancies in a few places so I'll have a look about then. I worked out that if I only do 4hrs a week (hours are 4-17 weekends), that I'll get £14 ish for that week! Worse is that I will have to get the bus which is £5 return lol so I will only make £4 and that's without buying dinner!! lol I said I wanted to work maximum hours or it just won't be worth it.
dnt wory, my 1st job was £3/hour

Latest

Trending

Trending