The Student Room Group

Durham foundation year medicine

has any one applied to foundation medicine at durham and heard anything yet?

Scroll to see replies

No I have not heard anything back. I have reapplied for this year and last year I only got an interview march/ April time !

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
its taking sooo longg!
I emailed the foundation centre and they said that they haven't got all the applications back so they have not yet decided who to give interviews to

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey guys, I am applying to medschool this year and I have created this blog with my take on the application process. I would be glad if you could have a look winkyspider.wordpress.com
Reply 5
Original post by Nicolle Waine
I emailed the foundation centre and they said that they haven't got all the applications back so they have not yet decided who to give interviews to

Posted from TSR Mobile

oh but how could they not have all the applications back yet coz i swear the deadline was the 15th of october :s-smilie:
I think it's because we are doing foundation they have to get all the applications from other courses even the ones that were due 15th January

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
I think it's because we are doing foundation they have to get all the applications from other courses even the ones that were due 15th January

Posted from TSR Mobile

oohh okaayy do you know how many offers they give out?
I'm not too sure but I don't think it's that many. Should be soon I hope !

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by barmutlu1
oohh okaayy do you know how many offers they give out?

Deadline for this course was 15th January like all others, because its via the Foundation centre. I applied on 15th Jan 2013 & got an interview (rejected, but I wasn't surprised) on 15th April 2013.

I reapplied on 23rd December this time round and have had an acknowledgement but thats it so far. So nerve wracking! I've started doing interview prep even though no guarantee of an interview as I think thats really what let me down last time round.

@Nicolle - I thought you got an offer last year? What happened??

@barmutlu1 - I was told by the Foundation Centre way back when I was thinking of applying there are usually 5-6 places only. But I'm fairly sure the application:tongue:lace ratio is much lower than Direct Entry
I did get an offer but I needed to get 645 ukcat but I got 640

Posted from TSR Mobile
OMG sooo close! How devastating!

I didn't sit it last year as I failed the interview so couldn't see the point... But I'm sitting it regardless this year as if I don't get in via foundation I'm going to do an access course in September. Desperately want to go via Foundation if I can though...

Whereabouts are you from?
Yeah I know I was very disappointed. Yeah it's a better option as your already in medical school and if you do it in a college you have to enter the 5 year course and you'll need a even higher ukcat.
I'm from kent. Where you from ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Newcastle so not too far from Stockton really :-)

I went to school in Dartford though - small world!

Have you applied anywhere else?
Fair enough. Ha I used to live in dartford and went to college there.

Yeah I applied to keele, Bradford, Southampton, durham and Canterbury as my non medical option to do biosciences. I have been rejected by all of my medical ones except durham obviously cause we haven't heard back, but I have received an unconditional from Canterbury so at least I know I will defiantly have something to do in September !
How about you ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15

Yeah I applied to keele, Bradford, Southampton, durham and Canterbury as my non medical option to do biosciences. I have been rejected by all of my medical ones except durham obviously cause we haven't heard back, but I have received an unconditional from Canterbury so at least I know I will defiantly have something to do in September !
How about you ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Did you get a rejection from the bm6 southampton 2014 course?
Yes i did as I did not meet 2 of their extenuating circumstances criteria

Posted from TSR Mobile

How about you ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Gutted! Just Durham for me as I don't meet the criteria for other Foundation courses. If I don't get in this time I'm going to do an access course in September so I can apply for direct entry at some other places too.

When did you get your invitation to interview last year? Mine wasn't til end of March for an April interview so still all to play for!

Chin up and 😀 for now. No point worrying yet.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Same end of March/ April time. I actually called them mid March because I was worried and they confirmed I had an interview and they just hadn't got confirmed dates so it's worth calling them mid March.

Same to you 😄

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
i applied but not sure of myself yet

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending