The Student Room Group

Girls would you like this as a birthday present/ valentines present?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
1005243.jpg
Would you say this one is too flashy to wear on a ordinary day?
Reply 41
The first one, it'd go with more things. The second one is pretty but its a very young design so she might outgrow it in a few years.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 42
I like either the butterfly one in your first post or the heart-shaped one in your second, personally feel the others look too "mature", if you know what I mean. The other 2 are more fun and more what a boyfriend would get a girlfriend.

Btw, I'm the same age as your girlfriend!
Reply 43
I am also 17. My favourite is the first one. It is sophisticated and simple. It is really elegant as well so she will be able to keep it for a long time. This also applies to the mixed jewel necklace (3rd one) but I just prefer the first (can't explain it).

However; I think the butterfly is a bit childish especially for a mature 17 year old. (this might be because I got a similar butterfly jeweled hair broach when I was a lot younger - early teens) In addition I cannot imagine any of my friends wearing that. So my point is she is more likely to go off it as it is childish.

The drawing is a great idea and adds a personal touch to an already generous loving gift! I think you did well to pick the ones you did though despite the butterfly.
Original post by posniac
1005243.jpg

No way, that one is beautiful :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 45
Original post by posniac
1005243.jpg

you could wear it, if she wore plain clothes. But it is beautiful for a special occasion. The other ones are more suitable for everyday but tbh with the current trend of embellished clothes she could wear it. Sorry if it sounds like I contradicted myself - it depends on her sense of style :smile:
Reply 46
Quite stuck as to which one to go for now! I quite like the one above that I posted asking if it's too flashy, I think that's the prettiest out of them all, yes I think I'll go for that! Thanks to everyone that gave their opinion!:smile:
Reply 47
Original post by Quilt
Maybe that's OP's type? :rolleyes:

I thought that was everyone's type :redface:
Reply 48
The butterfly is pretty but it's also something i can picture a much younger girl wearing. I really like the silver loveheart one though, it's one you can wear for all occasions, it's all silver which looks much better than some of the others which are a mix of silver and gold colours, and it doesn't look like something a kid or an old lady would wear (which is the impression I get from most of the other necklaces). And of course it's a heart, perfect for a girlfriend on valentines day :smile:

How would you describe her style? Does she usually wear quite unique jewellery or does she stick to simple things?
(edited 10 years ago)
I like the butterfly and the heart but tbh it depends what he girl wants and likes

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by posniac
Hi thankyou all for your replies much appreciated I've updated the first post with 4 more that I've found, would you choose on of those instead or stick with what you originally chose?

I would now choose the 4th one
I wouldn't want any personally but the first one definitely would go with more outfits and generally be more wearable.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending