The Student Room Group

Nursing Child Branch - UCAS Extra

Hi! I applied for 5 biomedical sciences courses and received 5 offers. Declined all my offers in order to pursue my true dream of a career in children's nursing. My top choice is Buckinghamshire New University, I'm just very worried there won't be a vacancy in Extra. Does anybody have any idea of the likelihood so I don't go completely insane before the 25th Feb? Thanks! :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Hey I'm a exactly in the same position as u, unfortunately I don't know whether there might be places but I really do hope there are because I'm quite worried aswell :-)x
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by nadzworldz
Hey I'm a exactly in the same position as u, unfortunately I don't know whether there might be places but I really do hope there are because I'm quite worried aswell :-)x

The wait is driving me insane! Ahha where's your first choice?:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Posted from TSR Mobile haha, not just the wait but also worried bout the places well I applied for a science courses called clinical sciences which I wanted to do (meaning that i wuld hav a science personal statement) but unfortunately didn't get a place for that course and realised that I wanted to do nursing, even though I applied to nursing and got rejected :-( so I'm thinking bout creating a new personal statement. I really hope there are places in extra I'm wanting to go to bradford. What are your predicted grades if u don't mind me asking?
Posted from TSR Mobile haha, not just the wait but also worried bout the places well I applied for a science courses called clinical sciences which I wanted to do (meaning that i wuld hav a science personal statement) but unfortunately didn't get a place for that course and realised that I wanted to do nursing, even though I applied to nursing and got rejected :-( so I'm thinking bout creating a new personal statement. I really hope there are places in extra I'm wanting to go to bradford. What are your predicted grades if u don't mind me asking?

Ahh okay, definitely create a new statement! You just have to ask the Uni if they will accept a new one. I made a new one because mine was completely tailored to biomed but the Uni I want to go to will receive my biomed one on my ucas and then email me for my new one :smile: my predicted grades are AAB:smile: what about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Also, have you got any work experience?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Posted from TSR Mobile wow ur predicted gradesd are pritty good. my predicted grades are not the best which is worrying me as i think they wouldn't accept me :-( , but mine are BB but also a grade C for an AS. I still need to contact the university did u contact them? And yes I did do work experience in a hospital and a primary school.:-) wbu?
Posted from TSR Mobile wow ur predicted gradesd are pritty good. my predicted grades are not the best which is worrying me as i think they wouldn't accept me :-( , but mine are BB but also a grade C for an AS. I still need to contact the university did u contact them? And yes I did do work experience in a hospital and a primary school.:-) wbu?

Thank you :smile: Yours seem pretty good too! Do you do two subjects? Definitely contact them, it made me relax so much. I've got work experience in a nursing home and I volunteer at a local youth centre :smile: let's hope it goes well for us! The maths test looks terrifying D:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Posted from TSR Mobile I did three but in fortunately failed it so I had to carry on with my btec and pick up another AS. Some universities don't carry out the test but most do, but if there is one it definitely be the literacy one that I will struggle with lol ( but I'm worried about getting a place) :biggrin:. Yes I will phone them up and ask. have u changed ur personal statement? And I really do hope it goes well for us:smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Posted from TSR Mobile I did three but in fortunately failed it so I had to carry on with my btec and pick up another AS. Some universities don't carry out the test but most do, but if there is one it definitely be the literacy one that I will struggle with lol ( but I'm worried about getting a place) :biggrin:. Yes I will phone them up and ask. have u changed ur personal statement? And I really do hope it goes well for us:smile:

Ahh okay. Maths can be my downfall unfortunately :frown: need to do some maths revision I think. I have, I have one written for adult and one for child but I want to do child more :smile: yes me too! :biggrin: everything looks so exciting, especially the placements

Posted from TSR Mobile
Posted from TSR Mobile for some reason I would love to do children however most unies have higher entry requirements for the course, but I would be happy doing adult which is more popular or mental health as long as I get a place. Yep the placements do look cool but also the clinical skills and u will be fine with the maths nothing to worry about :smile:
Posted from TSR Mobile for some reason I would love to do children however most unies have higher entry requirements for the course, but I would be happy doing adult which is more popular or mental health as long as I get a place. Yep the placements do look cool but also the clinical skills and u will be fine with the maths nothing to worry about :smile:

Yeah I've got personal statements for both just in case :smile: yeah definitely! I'm so excited to learn injections :biggrin: and I hope so!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Posted from TSR Mobile did the university say they have got places for extra? :smile: have u got any back up plans ? (which I'm sure you will get a place) and the injections sound fun and using the stethoscopes:smile:
Posted from TSR Mobile did the university say they have got places for extra? :smile: have u got any back up plans ? (which I'm sure you will get a place) and the injections sound fun and using the stethoscopes:smile:

They said that they won't know until nearer the time so to ring when extra opens but they were hopeful :smile: backup plan is to HCA for a year and reapply next year. You? And yes! I really want a Littmann hehe

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Charlottehall96
They said that they won't know until nearer the time so to ring when extra opens but they were hopeful :smile: backup plan is to HCA for a year and reapply next year. You? And yes! I really want a Littmann hehe

Posted from TSR Mobile
Cool, im gunna defo try clearing and if i still don't get a place I would do work experience for a year and then reply.:smile: started working on my new personal statement today and ughh it was hard to start off, how was urs?:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

what uni was this for? bradford emailed me and said they dont open for nursing in ucas extra xx
Cool, im gunna defo try clearing and if i still don't get a place I would do work experience for a year and then reply.:smile: started working on my new personal statement today and ughh it was hard to start off, how was urs?:smile:

I found mine was okay because I had cover letters for HCA jobs which I used to help me :smile:))

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by regentgirl
what uni was this for? bradford emailed me and said they dont open for nursing in ucas extra xx

Bucks new Uni :smile: xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
I found mine was okay because I had cover letters for HCA jobs which I used to help me :smile:))

Posted from TSR Mobile
Cool.:smile:
Original post by regentgirl
Ughh no u must be kiddin that was the uni i wanted to go to :frown:. have u applied to nursing or planning on applying to UCAS Extra?
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest