The Student Room Group

Smartphone App to review women like hotels released. What's your opinion?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by uktotalgamer
No because I'm not a woman and I don't complain...

Then don't complain about us thinking its equally acceptable when the case is that we weren't even aware it existed.

Essentially, there was no point mentioning the other app.
Original post by Eva.Gregoria
Then don't complain about us thinking its equally acceptable when the case is that we weren't even aware it existed.

Essentially, there was no point mentioning the other app.

lmao. typical woman logic...

Of course there was a point to mention it. Before all the feminazi's came running in shouting men are sexist or whatever I thought it would be appropriate to mention that this app is a response and not an instigator.
lmao. typical woman logic...

Of course there was a point to mention it. Before all the feminazi's came running in shouting men are sexist or whatever I thought it would be appropriate to mention that this app is a response and not an instigator.

And you are so sure it is a response, how exactly? Are you friends with the developers? There you go again generalising and thinking you can speak on behalf of everybody. :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Eva.Gregoria
And you are so sure it is a response, how exactly? Are you friends with the developers? There you go again generalising and thinking you can speak on behalf of everybody. :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

1. go on the misc
2. saw a thread about lulu app. miscers not happy
3. miscers decide to make an app in response to lulu app
4. miscers create app
5. ??????
6. profit

I frequently browse the Misc, I can 100% tell you that this was a response.
Reply 24
1. go on the misc
4. miscers create app
5. ??????
6. profit

It doesn't matter whether it was a response or not. What's your opinion on ALL apps of this nature? We're criticising the premise of these apps, not the fact that they respond to each other and are "equal" on that level.
1. go on the misc
4. miscers create app
5. ??????
6. profit

Two wrong don't make a right.
Reply 26
To me it just seems like an app which was designed to be controversial and draw attention that way, and it's clearly working.

Its not like men will actually go around on that leaving reviews on girls, they are probably just trying to make a quick buck whilst it gains media attention on release.
Original post by OksanaDax
It doesn't matter whether it was a response or not. What's your opinion on ALL apps of this nature? We're criticising the premise of these apps, not the fact that they respond to each other and are "equal" on that level.

Original post by snowyowl
Two wrong don't make a right.

lmao. women logic, not even once.

If this has been gender reversal you'd be saying it was completely fair.

Before all you feminazis came bounding in with your hate men agenda etc I just thought I'd point out that it was a response. Stop blinding yourself in order to ignore the facts. You've both yet to say that the app created by women was wrong in the first place...
Reply 28

Before all you feminazis came bounding in with your hate men agenda etc I just thought I'd point out that it was a response. Stop blinding yourself in order to ignore the facts. You've both yet to say that the app created by women was wrong in the first place...

You're not being logical!

If a coal mine shuts down, the miners will be affected by it. If a female rating app is released, females will be affected by it. If you're not a miner and a mine shuts down it's less likely to come to your attention. Does that mean you won't care if it doesn't enter you attention? No! It simply means that you didn't give it attention before it did since it isn't connected to you. How can anyone possibly stay aware of every issue in the world?

As soon as I found out about this I wanted BOTH applications banned. But the reason I found out was because of the female rating version. I wouldn't argue that one should be kept and the other banned, although I imagine they DO have different consequences on each sex. I do think the female-rating App is much more degrading!

If a coal mine shuts down, the miners will be affected by it. If a female rating app is released, females will be affected by it. If you're not a miner and a mine shuts down it's less likely to come to your attention. Does that mean you won't care if it doesn't enter you attention? No! It simply means that you didn't give it attention before it did since it isn't connected to you. How can anyone possibly stay aware of every issue in the world?

As soon as I found out about this I wanted BOTH applications banned. But the reason I found out was because of the female rating version. I wouldn't argue that one should be kept and the other banned, although I imagine they DO have different consequences on each sex. I do think the female-rating App is much more degrading!

Did not read.

Women are hypocrites. Lulu app is created, not a peep mentioned on here. App created as a response... "Oh men are such pigs."

Whether you found out after or not you should have done your research before opening a scathing thread.
Reply 30
Not very nice, but I fail to see how this is invasion of privacy - as it's not "real" data, but "review" data.

Let's say I go out with some girl - and I rate her as a 7/10 face, 8/10 body, 2/10 personality.

I share that on whatever it's called app.

Someone else does the same - you get aggregate ratings, like Tripadvisor or something.

This is not a nice thing to do, but it's not an invasion of privacy. None of that data was confidential to begin with, and is not "secret" and owned by the subject. These are a series of rankings invented by other people - and apart from anything else are wholly subective. Even if it were to include things like physical measurements - these are likely to be guesses.
Reply 31

Well coal mining and female rating apps are not even remotely similar.
Male rating apps and female rating apps are almost the exact same, bit of a difference.

The fact is no thread was created etc. when females made it first because men just don't over-react, men don't tend to have militant feminists who are quick to jump at anything.

Both apps are wrong, but the fact remains feminists who claim to be for "equality" only actually care when it affects them.

Also i fail to see how the female app is more degrading, i mean the male app is rating mens bedroom skills which is a sensitive area. If anything the male one is more degrading or they are just as bad, how is the woman one worse? Just because it involves women, despite it being a response to something women made?

No I wouldn't. I don't think either is right.

I'm not a feminist.

Nice try, though.
Lmao at you unaware people. This app was made as a RESPONSE by a few miscers to a Facebook app called Lulu in which women rated men's skills in bed. Gotta laugh at women complaining about this when in reality, they started it.

Plus people rating other people is in itself not an invasion of privacy.

Distasteful? Perhaps. Even offensive maybe, but people having an opinion on you is not a breach of privacy, even if it's a stupid opinion.

Quick Reply