The Student Room Group

Should I take a gap year if I do much better than expected for IB exams?

Say my predicted grade is 38/45 and I end up getting 43/45. Should I take a gap year so that I can apply to better Universities?? Furthermore, if I'm not mistaken, if you apply in your gap year you can apply to universities using your actual IB grade right? (instead of applying with predicted grades)
Reply 1
Original post by desslop
Say my predicted grade is 38/45 and I end up getting 43/45. Should I take a gap year so that I can apply to better Universities?? Furthermore, if I'm not mistaken, if you apply in your gap year you can apply to universities using your actual IB grade right? (instead of applying with predicted grades)

You can :-) esp if there are better unis you may really want to try for. That said, finding something useful in your gap year to help you get a better application is pretty important I think; so you haven't just been seen to waste a year.
Reply 2
Original post by marinaim
You can :-) esp if there are better unis you may really want to try for. That said, finding something useful in your gap year to help you get a better application is pretty important I think; so you haven't just been seen to waste a year.

Thank youuu! xxx

Quick Reply

Latest