The Student Room Group

OCR A G482 9th June 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Original post by Infinity_4652
Are you doing A level maths? and i'm guessing you find the calculations more or less the same difficulty in G481?

Yeah I am and yeah I do. I don't find maths that hard really :s
For the exams, when do I use standard form and to how many significant figures do I round to? It's annoying as they do not state it in the questions. :angry:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 142
Original post by ShadowHawk
For the exams, when do I use standard form and to how many significant figures do I round to? It's annoying as they do not state it in the questions. :angry:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I used standard form for pretty much any answer that was going to be more than 3 digits long.

You're supposed to round it to the least significant figures of any measurement you have been give has. 3 is usually a safe bet though.
Original post by alow
I used standard form for pretty much any answer that was going to be more than 3 digits long.

You're supposed to round it to the least significant figures of any measurement you have been give has. 3 is usually a safe bet though.

Sometimes they'll have measurements of 2sf & 3sf in the same question. My teacher said use the lowest one, but I'm not sure.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 144
Original post by ShadowHawk
Sometimes they'll have measurements of 2sf & 3sf in the same question. My teacher said use the lowest one, but I'm not sure.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Always use the lowest, as that's as precise as you can be.

Think about it like ISAs, you have to consider the precision of the instruments you're using when stating your answer.
Original post by ollieui
Yeah I am and yeah I do. I don't find maths that hard really :s

you should speak to your physics teacher about it after the holidays
Original post by alow
Always use the lowest, as that's as precise as you can be.

Think about it like ISAs, you have to consider the precision of the instruments you're using when stating your answer.

Kinda a change of topic but when doing past papers, did you do Legacy papers like June 2003 for example?
Reply 147
Original post by yodawg321
Kinda a change of topic but when doing past papers, did you do Legacy papers like June 2003 for example?

Yes.
Wassup!

For circuit questions do you use conventional current or electron current ?
Original post by TheGeneral95
Wassup!

For circuit questions do you use conventional current or electron current ?

conventional current unless the question says to use electric current

i really do wonder why though
Original post by Infinity_4652
conventional current unless the question says to use electric current

i really do wonder why though

Cos either way, you'd get the same answer
Reply 151
I struggle with waves, keeping me back from getting As:frown:
Original post by Red Fox
I struggle with waves, keeping me back from getting As:frown:

What's wrong with them?
Reply 153
Original post by L'Evil Fish
What's wrong with them?

I don't know I just do badly on the questions on them:s-smilie: however I have no motivation to study at the moment
Anyone found any good Youtube videos/websites for explaining diffraction gratings? I missed the lesson on it (well, other students teaching us the lesson on it -.-) so I'm trying to get my head round it and the equation associated with diffraction gratings
Original post by sarcastic-sal
Anyone found any good Youtube videos/websites for explaining diffraction gratings? I missed the lesson on it (well, other students teaching us the lesson on it -.-) so I'm trying to get my head round it and the equation associated with diffraction gratings

d sin theta = n lambda

d = distance between each slit
theta = distance from centre to each line
n = order
Lamda = wavelength
Original post by sarcastic-sal

the st ambrose college pdfs explain it well :tongue:
Hiya! Is anyone else finding physics the easiest out of all their subjects to revise for? In September I thought I'd never be able to do any of it and then you end up learning it as you go along so not much to revise! I don't underestimate it though, obviously! Just find it less stressful than biology and psych, probably equal to chemistry...and isn't the quantum stuff great? :biggrin:
Original post by MollyMcFly1
Hiya! Is anyone else finding physics the easiest out of all their subjects to revise for? In September I thought I'd never be able to do any of it and then you end up learning it as you go along so not much to revise! I don't underestimate it though, obviously! Just find it less stressful than biology and psych, probably equal to chemistry...and isn't the quantum stuff great? :biggrin:

Biology is the devil.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MollyMcFly1
i agree :yy:

as above, biology and chemistry are killers
psychology is a load of essay writing, gosh wow

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending