The Student Room Group

Newham doc scheme - Barts and The London medical school

hey guys, I just wanted to know has anyone applied for this and have you got an interview?
Reply 1
bump
Reply 2
hiya,
what grade have you lot got, would i be able to apply if im retaking year 12.
Reply 3
5 people
Hey - I applied this year and got in!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by Inspired_tem
Hey - I applied this year and got in!

Posted from TSR Mobile

sorry just wanted to ask what grades did you get and what urs ukact.
What college you go to ?
Original post by nnemo
sorry just wanted to ask what grades did you get and what urs ukact.
What college you go to ?

BBCD at as(maths, English lit, biology, chemistry) predicted ABB UKCAT was umm 642.5 I believe. And I go to newvic / what college do you go too?

Posted from TSR Mobile
And oh actually it's 4 people.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Newvic as well, oh my teacher said 5 !
Original post by nnemo
Newvic as well, oh my teacher said 5 !

Ahh that's weird. Only 4 got in this year anyway. 2 from newvic 2 from LAE

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
do you know any of the lae people who got in?(just wondering)
Original post by nnemo
do you know any of the lae people who got in?(just wondering)

No I don't

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jatyization
WOW! this seems so interesting, I always wanted to go to Barts and the London but i found the entry requirements to high. I want to apply for this scheme as well. How many people do you think they actually accept?

did you end up applying i want to apply this year
No I will not be. Unfortunately i didn't look close enough at it and it only accept people from Newham. I thought it was just a name lol. I will be applying to Bristol, Cardiff and Lancaster... All of these being standard entry and then 1 widening access 6 year medicine course which is actually less competitive than Newham doc scheme...

I suggest you look more into widening access medicine foundation year schemes as they accept people with science A-Levels but you have to be from a disadvantaged background, It is far less competitive than this Newham Doc scheme.

What are your plans? :biggrin:

EMDP doc course Southampton and Nottingham... im revising for UKCAT atm have you done yours yet?
Yes i have, I got a miserable 605 which was frustrating but... You just have to deal with it. How is your revision going?

isnt that alright with foundation courses? what are your grades like? f you dont mind me asking and revision is going alright still got 10 days nerves are kicking in

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending