UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

University of the Arts London 2014 applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by omifeeney
Thank you! I live in an area in north east London and have never really been south but it looks similar to where I live, a few people have said it's really nice

They didn't ask for an online portfolio, so I had an interview/portfolio review on the 5th Feb, and got a notification via UCAS on the 12th saying I had an offer. But I have a friend who studies there and she didn't hear back for a month after her interview, so I think it really varies!

Pheww!
Thank you for your answer and good luck with your other choices ! :smile:))
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
Reply 21
Original post by kotakota
Pheww!
Thank you for your answer and good luck with your other choices ! :smile:))

No worries! They'll definitely get back to you either way so I guess you've just got to try and be patient (although i know it's difficult!)
Hey! I've firmly accepted my offer that I got this morning for Journalism at LCC after an interview on Thursday:smile: anyone else thinking of this? Be nice to meet people going!

Reply 23
Has anyone applied for MA Interior and Spatial design at Chelsea ??

I have and im confused about which university to choose from. The other's ive applied to are Westminster, Kingston and Hertfordshire.

Any advice ?
Reply 24
Original post by JordzLFC
Good luck! Only problem I have with UAL is the accommodation is extremely steep, but that's London I suppose!

I got an unconditional offer the day after my interview, yay! I haven't looked into the accom at length yet but I have another interview at Westminster this week so once I have all of my choices I'll make my decision :smile:
Reply 25
Original post by biffa
I got an unconditional offer the day after my interview, yay! I haven't looked into the accom at length yet but I have another interview at Westminster this week so once I have all of my choices I'll make my decision :smile:

Out of UAL and westminister, which would be your first preference?
Reply 26
Original post by Chrispinto
Out of UAL and westminister, which would be your first preference?

I'm not sure to be honest. I feel really undecided and unprepared compared to lots of others who know exactly what they're doing. There is so much to think about when going to uni! I really like UAL's LCC but Westminster is closing to me and would mean I could live at home and get there more comfortably everyday than if I commuted to LCC. Will be looking into accomadation more closely when I've got a decision from Westminster. (Sorry for rambling!)
Reply 27
Original post by biffa
I'm not sure to be honest. I feel really undecided and unprepared compared to lots of others who know exactly what they're doing. There is so much to think about when going to uni! I really like UAL's LCC but Westminster is closing to me and would mean I could live at home and get there more comfortably everyday than if I commuted to LCC. Will be looking into accomadation more closely when I've got a decision from Westminster. (Sorry for rambling!)

Ok. Im having issues on deciding too. Im going to do an MA course. Im an international student and I have a friend doing undergrad final year at UAL-LCF and had asked her to attend an open day at UAL-Chelsea on my behalf which is the same campus as LCC I believe. From what Ive been told UAL has a stronger reputation but in terms of student life and interaction it is NOT all that great, they strive on their reputation alone, whereas westminster seems to be more interactive from what I hear, although an open day at Westminster is still pending... only then I can say that is true. Im really keen on UAL but dont know how and which uni to go for. Lets see how it all comes along as I still have time to decide. I did get an offer from Kingston and Hertfordshire as well but thats out of my list now.
Reply 28
Ok. Im having issues on deciding too. Im going to do an MA course. Im an international student and I have a friend doing undergrad final year at UAL-LCF and had asked her to attend an open day at UAL-Chelsea on my behalf which is the same campus as LCC I believe. From what Ive been told UAL has a stronger reputation but in terms of student life and interaction it is NOT all that great, they strive on their reputation alone, whereas westminster seems to be more interactive from what I hear, although an open day at Westminster is still pending... only then I can say that is true. Im really keen on UAL but dont know how and which uni to go for. Lets see how it all comes along as I still have time to decide. I did get an offer from Kingston and Hertfordshire as well but thats out of my list now.

I totally agree with you about the UAL reputation thing. Chelsea is another one of UAL's campuses so it is not the same campus as LCC. But UAL is pretty well known because of LCF. The student life mostly comes down to location of the unis but there is plenty that London has to offer and most places are just a few minutes-half an hour away on the tube. I like what I've heard of Westminster but really am looking forward to seeing it for myself. Obviously it is difficult for yourself as you are an international student but I have found that visiting universities has really helped me to make up my mind and I'm really glad I did go in for all of my interviews. I would suggest that you do as much research as you can online, I know that the accomodation is shown in pics on their websites and obviously using this site can be great for talking to others with more experience of the campuses. I will report back to you on Westminster following my interview and let you know what I thought!
Got a conditional offer for Magazine Publishing at UAL :biggrin: The offer seems low though? "240 UCAS Points", gonna enquire haha :smile:
Reply 30
Ok. That sounds good. Let me know what you think abt Westminster. Btw what course are you looking at? Sorry forgot to ask.
Reply 31
Anyone applied for BA Photojournalism and Documentary Photography at LCC? If so, has anyone heard anything back from them? :smile:
Has anyone applied to BA (Hons) Graphic Design at Central Saint Martins?
Reply 33
ahh! Got a conditional offer for Photojournalism and Documentary Photography at LCC! Good Luck everyone with your applications!
Original post by chloesmitth
Hey! I've firmly accepted my offer that I got this morning for Journalism at LCC after an interview on Thursday:smile: anyone else thinking of this? Be nice to meet people going!

Hi, I was also there for the interview. What did you think of the uni as a whole?? I thought it looked really good and I got an offer the very next day, however im going to wait until I go for my interview at Westminster to decide on what to choose
Reply 35
Original post by Student Number 4
Has anyone applied to BA (Hons) Graphic Design at Central Saint Martins?

I did! Still no reply though :/
I also applied to Camberwell.
Reply 36
Ok. That sounds good. Let me know what you think abt Westminster. Btw what course are you looking at? Sorry forgot to ask.

Hey Chris
Just got back from my interview (it wasn't that long I've just been running errands in town). I'm applying for Journalism.
To be honest I didn't think it was as good as UAL's LCC. LCC seems to have better facilities for the course I'm applying to in my opinion though it does rank higher in the league tables. I prefer the campus at UAL too but thats just my opinion. If you have any question's I'd be happy to answer them, just ask! :smile:
Original post by Tania35
ahh! Got a conditional offer for Photojournalism and Documentary Photography at LCC! Good Luck everyone with your applications!

Congratulations on the offer! :biggrin:
Original post by Nontypo
I did! Still no reply though :/
I also applied to Camberwell.

Yeah I still haven't had a reply and it's been three weeks since I sent my online portfolio - I keep checking my email every 10 minutes :tongue: :tongue:
Reply 39
Who else has been put off at the price of student accommodation of the university, it's still one of my top choices but i'm having second thoughts

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending