The Student Room Group

Anyone going to Plymouth College of Art 2014?

I'm going to Plymouth College of Art to study Film in 2014 so was just wondering if there was anyone else who's going?

- Alex :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm going to be studying BA Photography this year! But I think the college will be my insurance and Plym Uni will be my firm choice :smile:
Original post by suttysuttysutty
I'm going to Plymouth College of Art to study Film in 2014 so was just wondering if there was anyone else who's going?

- Alex :smile:

I'm 99% sure I will be! The only reason I'm not 100% is because I haven't been to some of my other interviews yet

I'm also going to be studying Film :smile:
Oh, sweet! How come it will be your insurance policy if you don't mind me asking?

I have one interview to go but, like yourself Luke, I'm pretty certain I'm going to Plymouth.

Did you have your interview? What did you think of the place?

:smile:
Oh, sweet! How come it will be your insurance policy if you don't mind me asking?

I have one interview to go but, like yourself Luke, I'm pretty certain I'm going to Plymouth.

Yeah 1 interview left for me too, I had my Plymouth one in January
It went really well, really liked the lady who interviewed me (+the other lecturers I met) and she gave me an unconditional on the day! Oh and the place seems cool too
Can't wait!

how about you?????
I got a conditional!

The place seemed really nice and the tutors seemed really cool too.

When did you go for your interview? How many people were there?

I'm going to accept the offer, I think. Now I've just got to do student finance and look for accomodation.
I'm starting this September, doing contemporary crafts! Are any of you staying with Unite??
Original post by RhiainneRosemary
I'm starting this September, doing contemporary crafts! Are any of you staying with Unite??

Im staying In Discovery heights via Unite this september, a little pricey but very close to the college!
Original post by ruthanderson1996
Im staying In Discovery heights via Unite this september, a little pricey but very close to the college!

Im staying at central point, its probably about a 10 minute walk from the college!
Reply 9

I just prefer the facilities at the Uni tbh and a bigger community feel :smile: but I still absolutely love the college :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by RhianneRosemary
Im staying at central point, its probably about a 10 minute walk from the college!

I'm staying in Central Point too! what flat?!
Original post by am_cole
I'm staying in Central Point too! what flat?!

109, next door to you! (you commented on another post of mine!) :smile:
Hey everyone! There's a group set up here for all for all 2014 Plymouth Freshers!

Here's the link

https://www.facebook.com/groups/223959214468476
I'm applying for my accommodation now, I'm not sure which to go for: Discovery Heights or Central Point!

Where's everyone else staying?

It's making me so nervous hahaha!
I'm applying for my accommodation now, I'm not sure which to go for: Discovery Heights or Central Point!

Where's everyone else staying?

It's making me so nervous hahaha!

Ive read that central point is much better, apparently discovery heights has a number of problems? Its not much help, but its something! x
Hmmmm, what kind of problems?

No, thank you for replying :smile:
Original post by am_cole
I just prefer the facilities at the Uni tbh and a bigger community feel :smile: but I still absolutely love the college :smile:

Just a heads-up, PCA and Plymouth University are very interconnected. I only realised this as I was finishing my 2-year film course at the art college, but it turns out your PCA student card will allow you to access all of the library and computer facilities at the university, perhaps even more.

The woman who runs the degree film course is lovely. I've had a few interactions with her (I've just finished the Creative Media Production course, so she wasn't my tutor but taught next door and showed up often) and she strikes me as a great teacher, although I can't comment on her technical knowledge because I never had to ask her for help.

The college's ERC (Equipment Resources Centre) is pretty well stocked. I know that there were dozens of pieces of gear I would've loved to play with but that were only available to the degree students... I strongly suggest getting your hands on the link to the ERC's complete equipment list.. It seems to be quite an elusive resource, but god I wish I had it when I began the course!

Hopefully some of this is of assistance to y'all. Best of luck at PCA folks :smile:
I'm going PCA I am studying photography there . I am also staying at central point in room 107 was just wondering if anyone was staying in the same flat or doing that course :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Chloemay96
I'm going PCA I am studying photography there . I am also staying at central point in room 107 was just wondering if anyone was staying in the same flat or doing that course :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Chloemay96

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not that I've seen! Have you jibed the world of unite app on Facebook? You might find someone on there? :smile:
Okay thank you I'll look :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending