The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Re-applying to LSE Economics

Hi

I am an international offer holder for Bsc Economics L101 at LSE. Basically, I've missed my offer by 3% UMS and I wanna reapply.

I received an offer for 2014 Econ course at Dec 2013 to get AA in A Levels and pass in further maths as a condition.

I already completed A Level Maths achieving an A* (96) so my offer came down from A*AAE to AAE.

Since I am international applicant my final exams are around November unlike the UK students. My final A Level results came out last Friday (24th jan 2014) and they were:

A*BCE ( Economics, Chinese, English Lit, and Further maths)

I was able to meet only two subjects from the offer. Economics and Further maths but got 77% (B grade) in Chinese and missed my offer. :frown:

I have sent my chinese papers for a re-mark but i doubt it would go up by 3%.

Do you guys reckon I should consider re applying this year for 2015 econ course?

Since I already have A*(96)A*(92) from maths and econ I would just need another A or above.

Do you guys think I could simply take another subject, im thinking Physics would be a nice one, and just study both AS and A2 in one year or even half a year and sit it at May/june 2014 and apply with full 3 Alevels? ( I dont like Chinese :/ ) I am planning to find out whether it is possible to do this at my previous college (secondary school year 13).

I'm concerned about my further maths grade tho, is it okay that i have an E grade. Altho that is the requirement for A Level further maths, I was initally predicted an A and it may look bad when universities look at it as it is only a pass.

Also, if I were to reapply, do I have to re-write my personal statement? New reference from my teachers? and I assume I would be at a disadvantage since I am re-applying?

If there is anything that is confusing or anything you wanna ask, just comment please

Thanks
(edited 10 years ago)
Can't answer any of this except for reapplying. I had reapplied to imperial and UCL for physics back in 2010. I couldn't be offered a spot at imperial because I couldn't show up for interview (was in LA) but was offered a spot in material science (which I didn't take) and for UCL they ended up deciding to waive the interview but my dad never told me, so I didn't get back to them and went to St. Andrews. The next year I reapplied and immediately sent an e mail to both schools explaining the circumstances why I'm reapplying.
Imperial granted me an interview (which led to an offer which I took), UCL didn't. When I asked why, they said that every year more people apply so their standards go up. I had applied with 16 AP exams, of which 9 were 5s, and an SAT of 2300 with an 800 (perfect score) in math. So clearly the matter was someone had remembered I had "dissed" them and was upset.
Why do I say this? Well so long as you don't piss them off, it seems they'll reconsider you. Then again, my rejection was due to interview, not to exam scores.
As for your application, you will need to resubmit everything, which includes references and grades and what not. I used an edited up version of my first statement. Whether you can still do that, I don't know. In uni it'd be called self plagiarism (actually a thing), so it's worth asking someone from school. That was just my experience.
Hope this helps.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
They don't consider resits so they'll be looking at your grades from your first attempt so it's unlikely you'll get an offer :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
^^ I resat one of my exams because it was a condition on my imperial offer. Then again, LSE may be different.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending