The Student Room Group

Failed PwC 1st Interview (Telephone Interview) - Help?

I had my first interview with PwC a couple of days ago and found out today that I failed it.

This confused me because the interview went so well, there were no silences, I answered every question with lots of examples etc. :confused:

It was with a member of HR and at the end he asked me if I had any questions. I started asking about what he liked about PwC + what his motivation was for joining etc. and he just said I should ask the next person because he is 'pigeon-holed' in his role.

All my questions were regarding his personal experience so after he said that I had none left.

Do you think this could have been the reason I wasn't progressed through?

Thanks
Original post by JakeHRogers
I had my first interview with PwC a couple of days ago and found out today that I failed it.

This confused me because the interview went so well, there were no silences, I answered every question with lots of examples etc. :confused:

It was with a member of HR and at the end he asked me if I had any questions. I started asking about what he liked about PwC + what his motivation was for joining etc. and he just said I should ask the next person because he is 'pigeon-holed' in his role.

All my questions were regarding his personal experience so after he said that I had none left.

Do you think this could have been the reason I wasn't progressed through?

Thanks

Just because you gave lots of examples of your experiences doesn't mean that the examples you gave ticked the boxes they needed to. I wouldn't be too disheartened by setbacks like this. Competency based interviews are always very annoying. I would recommend going back over your competency answers and looking at whether you could rephrase them or change them so that they have more punch. Obviously I'm not the person that interviewed you and I don't know for definite why you were rejected, but the heart of telephone interviews like the one you went through is the competency questions.
Reply 2
Thanks for the reply.

I'll have another look at them and maybe make blindingly explicit reference to how each example is saturated with their core competencies for next time I guess. It's really frustrating when you think something went so well to find out you failed with no feedback!
Original post by JakeHRogers
Thanks for the reply.

I'll have another look at them and maybe make blindingly explicit reference to how each example is saturated with their core competencies for next time I guess. It's really frustrating when you think something went so well to find out you failed with no feedback!

Yes you need to make it so obvious it hurts. They pretty much have a tick sheet.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending