The Student Room Group

Hull, Plymouth or Bangor

I've got offers from Hull, Plymouth and Bangor to study history in september but i wanted to know which one was most recommended. I've heard Hull has the better history course but im from somerset and actually quite worried about Hull as a city. help me!
Reply 1
Original post by gina96
I've got offers from Hull, Plymouth and Bangor to study history in september but i wanted to know which one was most recommended. I've heard Hull has the better history course but im from somerset and actually quite worried about Hull as a city. help me!

Hi, I don't study History but I am at Hull and it's not really a terrible city like everyone thinks it is, the university is 15 minutes outside of the centre and the lawns (where the main halls of residence) are is around 15 minutes away from the uni. If you come to Hull you'll probably never go to the rough estates.
Read http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/firm_and_insurance_choices

And check out the videos on You Tube - both for each Uni and for each city - these can be VERy helpful in getting an overall view of the place and the Uni.
Reply 3
Original post by rac1
Hi, I don't study History but I am at Hull and it's not really a terrible city like everyone thinks it is, the university is 15 minutes outside of the centre and the lawns (where the main halls of residence) are is around 15 minutes away from the uni. If you come to Hull you'll probably never go to the rough estates.

Thank you!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by returnmigrant
Read http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/firm_and_insurance_choices

And check out the videos on You Tube - both for each Uni and for each city - these can be VERy helpful in getting an overall view of the place and the Uni.

Thank you this has definitely helped me!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rac1

15 minutes to the centre? No chance.
Reply 6
Original post by CJG21
15 minutes to the centre? No chance.

Between 15 and 20 then.
This is a no brainer, for History Hull is really great while the other two are average at best. It is more or less the best department in the university and is highly respected with some very highly regarded historians teaching here.

Hull is also no worse than any other big cities in this country, people who say otherwise have never even been here. I live in a part that is considered rough but really its perfectly fine.

Quick Reply

Latest