The Student Room Group

is this a sign??

i have been speaking to a guy i know from msn for ages , and in february i asked him out , i obviously didnot know him that well because he never phoned me and i went out with him from 5 months before i realised i had never actually met him . i was about to tell him the other day how i felt about our relationship as i felt something special for him but all my friends were telling me to finish him , i went on msn the other day to find all my contacts had been deleted :s-smilie: is this a sign to say he wasnt worth it in the 1st place ???

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
how old are you? so you had a realtionship without meeting him, id say move on a actually meet someone
Reply 2
:/
Reply 3
I still find it hard to beleive you can have feeling for someone you aint met. I mean on msn there just icons, people lie and make you hear what they want you to on msn. Its not a real relationship! I'd move on and meet someone before you get into a relationship again.
Reply 4
Glory
I still find it hard to beleive you can have feeling for someone you aint met. I mean on msn there just icons, people lie and make you hear what they want you to on msn. Its not a real relationship! I'd move on and meet someone before you get into a relationship again.

thanks !!!!!!!!!
Reply 5
*Spins round and round very quickly on the spot in the hope that when he stops this will not be stupid.
so what he went on your msn and deleted your contacts?
Reply 7
Wanderlust
*Spins round and round very quickly on the spot in the hope that when he stops this will not be stupid.

:rofl:
Reply 8
^ What?????
Reply 9
This thread has made my day now. :biggrin:

Thank you Becca!
xXbeckaXx
i have been speaking to a guy i know from msn for ages , and in february i asked him out , i obviously didnot know him that well because he never phoned me and i went out with him from 5 months before i realised i had never actually met him . i was about to tell him the other day how i felt about our relationship as i felt something special for him but all my friends were telling me to finish him , i went on msn the other day to find all my contacts had been deleted :s-smilie: is this a sign to say he wasnt worth it in the 1st place ???

You know, "going out" with someone does normally involve just that - going, with them, out.

Also, no; it's a sign that msn is ****.

Wanderlust

:toofunny:
Glory

I used to be a pathetic, bullied guy with no confidence. I chatted to girls on just MSN and ended up feeling something for one of them (yeah she was real - had a webcam and proved it all, she wasn't faking anything, it was just that we hadn't met). Looking back, it wasn't anything compared to how I felt for another 'real-life' girl later on, but yeah, it's possible and at the time, it feels very real, because it is real. Unless you have ever done it, it's impossible to imagine though.
Reply 12
It's not normal to have an Internet girlfriend.
Online relationships are really just pretend
Unplug your heart, upgrade your system.
Get, get off the Internet

I recommend you read the rest of these lyrics
http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/mclars/internetrelationshipsarenotrealrelationships.html

Hope things go better for you with somebody you meet in the future :smile:
Reply 13
I think you should get back together with him, but for the love of God - use Yahoo Messenger this time!!!
Yeah... Internet relationship are as real as people doing blind dates, or people feeling affection via slow mail and later meeting up.

People can lie in real life as well. Its all about how honest you are about yourself and the other half.
Reply 15
come on, 2 have a meaningful relationship with someone you have to actually have met them. sure - u can meet someone via msn that u get on really really well with, but to be 'going out' makes little sense as you'll never actually go out anywhere with them...
Reply 16
he's not worth it. What do you mean all your contacts were deleted?
Reply 17
Russell_G
come on, 2 have a meaningful relationship with someone you have to actually have met them. sure - u can meet someone via msn that u get on really really well with, but to be 'going out' makes little sense as you'll never actually go out anywhere with them...

You could meet up with them in different chat rooms..

Shall we say Yahoo! Lounge 14 at 5pm tonight, honey-munchkins?
Russell_G

Thats true, You'd really have to meet up often to decide whether they'd be up for a relationship. Pointless to have feelings of getting on well online if your never actually going to meet.

But still really... The whole idea of people lying online just applies to real life as well. It all comes down to honesty.
Reply 19
MSN is a nice way to meet people initially, as if you are shy in real life it can allow you to come out of your shell a little. However, I think after the initial period of getting to know one another for a few weeks; you should perhaps start to think about maybe seeing one another in real life. While MSN can help people come out of their shell; if you aren't naturally confident at all, you might not react well to really meeting and it wouldn't be very practical to just have an MSN based relationship.

I don't think it's a sign. Just in future you should perhaps meet up a little earlier so you can get to know one another on a different level.

Good luck! :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending