The Student Room Group

Approved Voice Songs (int 2, higher and advanced)

Hi!
So I thought this night be quite useful for anyone doing voice at any level for music in school. I know my biggest problem has been choosing songs which are suitable!
Also, some schools have songs approved that others don't know are approved.
I'll start:
For int 2 I sang:
Part of Your World (approved for int 2 only)
What I did for love (suitable for higher)

For higher I did:
Popular (suitable for advanced)
On My Own (suitable for advanced)
All I Ask of You (not sure if this is suited for advanced but I can find out if anyone wants to know)

My advanced higher programme (15 mins):
I'm not that girl
I'm gonna wash that man right outta my hair
Panis Angelicus
Roxie
And either Gimme, Gimme or Let it Go (from frozen)

I'm not sure if let it go is suitable so im going to have a teacher and visiting examiner listen to it :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I also have done singing for music and I dont know if this will be much use but these are the songs that I have sung throughout;

National 5:
Somewhere Only We Know
Let It Go

Higher:
Eternal Flame
Dream A Little Dream Of Me
I Only Want To Be With You

Advanced Higher:
Think Of Me
Rolling In The Deep
With One look
Reply 2
Would they let me change to voice for Higher instead of an instrument I did for Nat 5?

If so how do you know which songs are approved? Do they give you a list or do you just pick your own and get it approved?
Im sure they would let you change to voice if you have the ability to sing higher songs well, but you can ask your teacher to see whether a song has been approved by sqa or not as they might have a copy already with an sqa approved stamp on it but if not you can ask your teacher to send it away and see whether it is good enough for higher but this may take a while for it to come back to be confirmed
I did:
N5
Somewhere Only We Know - Keane
On My Own - Les Miserables

HIGHER
There Are Worse Things I Could Do - Grease
Skinny Love - Birdy
The Way We Were - Barbra Streisand

I’d highly recommend the grease number as it’s easy to learn and you can add a lot to it ✌️
Original post by zanderpaterson
I did:
N5
Somewhere Only We Know - Keane
On My Own - Les Miserables

HIGHER
There Are Worse Things I Could Do - Grease
Skinny Love - Birdy
The Way We Were - Barbra Streisand

I’d highly recommend the grease number as it’s easy to learn and you can add a lot to it ✌️

Those are some really great, diverse programmes!

Are you thinking of doing advance higher?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending