The Student Room Group

How many hours is/was your longest day of classes

I just looked at my timetable for the new term and seen that I have an 11 hour day on Mondays, I can't believe that's what I'm supposed to be doing. So I was wondering if anyone else has or had classes like this. I've emailed my PT to see if its correct because when I was looking last term it wasn't that bad.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I have 7 hours on fridays from 9am-5pm ergh, i never manage to get through everything since im so shattered kind of annoying coz i never end up doing anything social on friday's unless i've slept lol.
Consists of:
-1hr workshop (9-10am)
-1hr lecture (10-11am)
-2hr practical(11am-1pm)
--------------------------
-1hr break(1-2pm)
--------------------------
-1hr lecture(3-4pm)
-1hr lecture(4-5pm)
I'm in four days a week, 9-5. I can't imagine an 11 hour day, what time do you start/finish? My uni starts at 9 and finishes at 6 at the latest.
Reply 4
I have two six hour days, but a free day in-between them.
Reply 5
Original post by GoingToBurst
I'm in four days a week, 9-5. I can't imagine an 11 hour day, what time do you start/finish? My uni starts at 9 and finishes at 6 at the latest.

I start at 10 and get out at 8, my uni is 9-6 but I have a History screening for a few hours after that is located in another part of the campus.
Original post by Stephanie_12
I start at 10 and get out at 8, my uni is 9-6 but I have a History screening for a few hours after that is located in another part of the campus.

Man that sucks! Do you at least have decent breaks throughout?
Reply 7
Man that sucks! Do you at least have decent breaks throughout?

There are a few different breaks, but I have nothing to do and can't go home as I live hours away, it does suck. I tried to change it but as they are all lectures and one long screening its not possible. I guess I'll be missing a lot of classes this term :smile:
I have a 9-4 day with two lectures and seminars and hour for lunch. It normally leaves me knackered but luckily I only have two days to go in this semester :biggrin:
Reply 9
Original post by Foo.mp3
4 hours. So taxing!
:laugh:

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile

What uni are you at?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Stephanie_12
There are a few different breaks, but I have nothing to do and can't go home as I live hours away, it does suck. I tried to change it but as they are all lectures and one long screening its not possible. I guess I'll be missing a lot of classes this term :smile:

I always think it's strange when people say they have nothing to do between lectures etc, don't you have notes to write up or reading to do etc?
Reply 11
I always think it's strange when people say they have nothing to do between lectures etc, don't you have notes to write up or reading to do etc?

Yeah, but most people don't have the good sense to actually do any of that stuff in that time. Don't be ridiculous!
Reply 12
I have mondays from 8.30 to 4.30 in the afternoon

I usually do all my readings on a Friday when I'm free to make sure I stay on top of them all, but as its the new term, I suppose I could use that time and free up my Friday.
Original post by Mechie
Yeah, but most people don't have the good sense to actually do any of that stuff in that time. Don't be ridiculous!

I always think that'a strange too hahaha. Would much rather get all that crap out of the way when I'm forced to be at uni all day with long breaks instead of spending my evenings doing it.
Reply 15
I always think that'a strange too hahaha. Would much rather get all that crap out of the way when I'm forced to be at uni all day with long breaks instead of spending my evenings doing it.

If it's just an hours break then there's not really that much time to get much done anyway, besides, breaks at uni can always just be spent talking with other people in the class for a few hours :lol: The only way motivation to complete work can be obtained is when deadlines are looming.
Reply 16
Thursday 11-6 with a 40 minute break between 12-1 (technically it's 1 hour but I have to take time to get to the lecture so it's actually about 40 minutes)

It was the same last semester ):
Longest I've had was 11 to 7, that was a lecture for a lab, hour gap then the 6 hour lab. That lab did overrun a few times too, once or twice I didn't leave until gone 8pm. Ech.
Longest day I've had was 13 hours - it was on my obs & gynae placement when I was on labour ward. 7am to 8pm :frown: Fortunately thats not a regular occurrence.

Chances are people won't need to do that in every break.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending