The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
guys who are over emotional are weird and weak
They're cute but they can't be like that 24/7. They need to be manly aswell (not alpha). Emotional guys are romantic but they also tend to be the most clingy :s-smilie:

Guys who say they never cry honestly make me laugh. Who are you trying to fool?
(edited 10 years ago)
I actually wish I was more emotional.
Reply 4
Original post by Padwas
guys who are over emotional are weird and weak

No they aren't. And you don't really have a say in this. Sorry :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by Silver Arrows
I actually wish I was more emotional.

That is so cute :smile:
Reply 6
it's a reflection of a man's more feminine hormonal profile.
I'm an emotional guy and proud. I know some girls might find it weird but I honestly don't care, I think it's good to be that connected with yourself.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
No. I only find it off-putting if someone's a total drama creator/gossipy etc., but I find that just as annoying in women too.

I quite like sensitive guys TBH. I'm a cheerful, nice person myself, but a total logical hard-ass so it'd be nice to date my opposite.
Reply 9
Original post by IqraHaq
No they aren't. And you don't really have a say in this. Sorry :smile:

what sexism just because i am a guy :frown:
where is de_monies ??? i need to complain
Original post by IqraHaq
That is so cute :smile:

Is it? People tend to look down on those who don't open up. I haven't cried since I fell over & scarped my knees as a little kid, and since then I've gone through the death of close relatives & pets. I'm internally devastated, but I don't show it. I don't think it's 'cool' or 'alpha' to not cry, be emotional or talk about my feelings, it's just how I was brought up I suppose. My dad served in the RAF Regiment, & got me playing football at a young age, so I was never really encouraged to talk about my feeling, and I'd rather have it that way to be honest. This post is the closest I've come to discussing my feelings.
Reply 11
Original post by Padwas
what sexism just because i am a guy :frown:
where is de_monies ??? i need to complain

It's not sexism lol. Guys are welcome. But I think you know why really lol x
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 12
Original post by IqraHaq
It's not sexism lol. Guys are welcome. But I think you know why really lol x

:lolwut:

fine but i will still complain
I am quite emotional for a guy and some girls find it cute and/or adorable. Others (mainly a few of my recent ex's of the past 4 years) dislike it as it's not exactly manly.

I'm quite open with my emotions, I've got nothing to hide. But I am probably a little too emotional haha!
Reply 14
Is it? People tend to look down on those who don't open up. I haven't cried since I fell over & scarped my knees as a little kid, and since then I've gone through the death of close relatives & pets. I'm internally devastated, but I don't show it. I don't think it's 'cool' or 'alpha' to not cry, be emotional or talk about my feelings, it's just how I was brought up I suppose. My dad served in the RAF Regiment, & got me playing football at a young age, so I was never really encouraged to talk about my feeling, and I'd rather have it that way to be honest. This post is the closest I've come to discussing my feelings.

but expressing your feelings doesn't make you uncool or less tough or whatever. This is what I've been trying to explain to someone!
Original post by IqraHaq
but expressing your feelings doesn't make you uncool or less tough or whatever. This is what I've been trying to explain to someone!

No it doesn't. But I've never really expressed my feelings before. So why start now?
Reply 16
No it doesn't. But I've never really expressed my feelings before. So why start now?

But I'm not saying for you to go around telling people how you feel, I'm just saying that once in a while getting a load of chest would feel good? No?
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by IqraHaq
But I'm not saying for you to go around telling people how you feel, I'm just saying that once in a while getting a load of chest would feel good? No?

I don't have much to be upset about or anything that I need to get off my chest really.
Reply 18
I don't have much to be upset about or anything that I need to get off my chest really.

Well then I guess I mean for whn you do! :rolleyes:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by IqraHaq
Well then I guess I mean for whn you do! :rolleyes:

Nah, just seems better to keep it to myself.

Latest