The Student Room Group

Working for the SIS.

I genuinely want to work for the SIS and have reviewed the requirements and I qualify thus far. It asks for 3 'STEM' A-levels above C, I expect to receive at minimum above C in ICT, Maths and Biology which qualifies the 'STEM' requirements I believe.

Is this a practical career. I want to travel while working and also intend to serve my country doing so.
Reply 1
Hi Danny Gull

The SIS isn't part of the Armed Forces so it's unlikely anyone here would be able to help you out. For which particular job in SIS do you intend to apply?

Having browsed the website it would seem that they require you to have a 2:1 degree and the right sort of personality, which would seem logical. It's also worth mentioning that you would need to pass several sets of quite invasive security screening that most people don't really enjoy :wink:
Reply 2
Original post by Danny Gull
I genuinely want to work for the SIS and have reviewed the requirements and I qualify thus far. It asks for 3 'STEM' A-levels above C, I expect to receive at minimum above C in ICT, Maths and Biology which qualifies the 'STEM' requirements I believe.

Is this a practical career. I want to travel while working and also intend to serve my country doing so.

Original post by Schleigg
Hi Danny Gull

The SIS isn't part of the Armed Forces so it's unlikely anyone here would be able to help you out. For which particular job in SIS do you intend to apply?

Having browsed the website it would seem that they require you to have a 2:1 degree and the right sort of personality, which would seem logical. It's also worth mentioning that you would need to pass several sets of quite invasive security screening that most people don't really enjoy :wink:

It's also worth noting that while applying you cannot mention your application to anyone except immediate family/next of kin.
Reply 3
That's quite alright, i don't talk to family. I'm clear on most of my checks if you exclude the internet piracy from my younger days :colondollar: .
Reply 4
Should you even be discussing this on a Web forum? No matter how anonymous you may be... because you aren't!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by Danny Gull

If you're serious about applying, you need to delete that post. And then change your user name.
You also need a degree with at least a 2:1 grading.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending