The Student Room Group

LNAT Results 2013-2014 Session

Scroll to see replies

I'm still waiting on KCL and UCL, so I'm hoping for a solid score to improve my chances.

Just out of curiosity, what would you guys consider a "good" score on the LNAT?
Reply 21
Original post by tengentoppa
I'm still waiting on KCL and UCL, so I'm hoping for a solid score to improve my chances.

I'm not too sure about what is considered a "good" score, but I have heard that most universities don't make offers to those scoring below 20.
I applied to Nottingham in late November, took the LNATs on the 18th of December (right before the universities went on break), and heard back from Nottingham in the first week of January, so I felt relatively safe about my LNAT scores.

However, I haven't heard anything back from UCL, which has made me doubt myself.
I really hope that I get good news from LNAT on Monday :eek:
Reply 22
Hey, :smile:

Does anyone have any wisdom on when exactly the LNAT results will be sent out? :smile:
I got an offer from KCL earlier in the month so I am not nervous for the results but they will be interesting to see! Some of the questions were really challenging... and weird.
Reply 24
Original post by tengentoppa

Last year, the average was around 21, so I would assume that if you get more than that (or whatever the average is this year), then you will have done reasonably well :smile: :smile:
Reply 25
Original post by AboveTheLine
I got an offer from KCL earlier in the month so I am not nervous for the results but they will be interesting to see! Some of the questions were really challenging... and weird.

I have only applied to one LNAT uni and I haven't heard back from them yet so I'm really interested to see what I got :smile:
Reply 26
Does anyone know if the LNAT results have ever been sent out on the 1st? :biggrin:
Reply 27
Didn't get our result email until the 4th of February last year so don't get too caught up in refreshing your emails over the weekend...
Reply 28
I'm so nervous for the LNAT scores :/ Although I got an offer from a LNAT uni (Nottingham) and Queen Mary and Leeds, UCL and KCL still haven't replied :frown: They are taking too long!
Reply 29
Hi guys,
My As were aabb, and I am predicted A*AA.
Took my lnat mid december, and applied 4.12.

So far heard from QMUL (A*AA), Surrey (AAB) and Bristol (AAB).
Still waiting on KCL and Warwick! I am so eager to know the score, as I am planning to firm either KCL or Warwick and insure Bristol....
Really curious to know my score too! I have offers from all my unis, including Oxford, Bristol and Birmingham so it makes no difference, but I'm just curious to see how well some of guessing paid off!
I can see our emails coming between monday and wednesday! Does anyone have a feeling as to how well they've done? I've got simply no idea!!
Original post by VikkiK
Hi guys,
My As were aabb, and I am predicted A*AA.
Took my lnat mid december, and applied 4.12.

So far heard from QMUL (A*AA), Surrey (AAB) and Bristol (AAB).
Still waiting on KCL and Warwick! I am so eager to know the score, as I am planning to firm either KCL or Warwick and insure Bristol....

If Bristol gave you an AAB offer, and you don't have mitigating circumstances, I bet your score is over 25, perhaps even 30. They are known for lowering their offer for those who shine in the LNAT.

I'm having a heart attack over my LNAT because I applied to 4 LNAT universities. Other parts of my application aren't particularly outstanding (although they are not bad either, just average) so I'm counting on my LNAT to distinguish me in the applicant pool (especially for UCL because they're notoriously harsh).
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 33
Original post by gooner4ever
I can see our emails coming between monday and wednesday! Does anyone have a feeling as to how well they've done? I've got simply no idea!!

Heyy! When I finished the exam I was feeling pretty confident, about the multiple choice section at least. I finished 15 minutes earlier so I had time to look over some of my answers. However, as time passes I'm starting to feel less and less sure about how I really did. I just want the emails to arrive already! I don't know what's taking them so loooong!
Original post by melmarbi
Heyy! When I finished the exam I was feeling pretty confident, about the multiple choice section at least. I finished 15 minutes earlier so I had time to look over some of my answers. However, as time passes I'm starting to feel less and less sure about how I really did. I just want the emails to arrive already! I don't know what's taking them so loooong!

I thought this years was much worse than the previous tests they had up on their website and the MCQ's gave me a real headache. Sort of stupid since I didn't eat all day and just crammed my brain with tips.

I dunno, I've reached that level of 'screw it, I'll be a hippie'.
Absolutely dreading the results of the LNAT, just hoping to wake up to an email in the morning!
So nervous :s-smilie:

I literally flagged (for review) 30 of the questions on the test
Reply 37
Original post by iamyourmum
So nervous :s-smilie:

I literally flagged (for review) 30 of the questions on the test

you shouldn't worry too much about that. That is the nature of the test after all, for me at least the questions where I was absolutely sure about the right answer were very few. Did you have time at the end to actually review them??
Reply 38
Original post by TheCynicalChild
I thought this years was much worse than the previous tests they had up on their website and the MCQ's gave me a real headache. Sort of stupid since I didn't eat all day and just crammed my brain with tips.

I dunno, I've reached that level of 'screw it, I'll be a hippie'.

I was lucky enough to give the exams in the morning! I understand what you are saying if my test was in the afternoon, my nerves would have gotten the better out of me as well.
I really cannot distinguish which was harder. I had also done all the tests in the Mark Sheperd book but in my opinion those were too easy. If I recall correctly I got 27,26,25,29 on them whereas in those on the LNAT website only 23.
I may as well point out that I read zero books on the LNAT and the only practice tests I did were those provided free on the LNAT website. I have an offer from KCL so I am not worried about my results. But just putting it out there... books and coaching aren't everything.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending