The Student Room Group

LNAT Results 2013-2014 Session

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
This wait is laborious and boring, couldn't they just give us the results on the day?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 61
Results on the day would be so helpful. Say you did very bad and was wondering if you should apply to 2 or 3 LNAT uni's. The multiple choice score should be given the moment you finish and not on a random day at a random hour in 'early' February in which everyone is done applying.
Reply 62
What if we don't get our result today :frown: i'll be so disappointed
Original post by Guga96
Results on the day would be so helpful. Say you did very bad and was wondering if you should apply to 2 or 3 LNAT uni's. The multiple choice score should be given the moment you finish and not on a random day at a random hour in 'early' February in which everyone is done applying.

I couldn't agree more- I was thinking the exact same thing! Does anyone know the logic behind it?
Reply 64
Original post by gooner4ever
I couldn't agree more- I was thinking the exact same thing! Does anyone know the logic behind it?

Maybe so that the top unis.. don't loose applicants. But really for a student its pointless and even worst jeopardizing. Why waste an application if you know you did bad? Why wait forever for those LNAT unis?
Reply 65
16...I'm glad I didn't apply to anymore than 2 LNAT universities! I think my hopes of Nottingham are now out the window :frown:
Reply 66
Original post by Guga96

Agreed!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 67
Feeling really rather annoyed at this whole system! 😡

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 68
Original post by gooner4ever

Well, I'm not sure but the only reason I can see for delaying the announcement of results is to make sure people make their choices seriously. I mean, if the LNAT results were announced right after you did the exam, people would change their college choices if it went badly. I guess, by only releasing the results well past the Jan 15th deadline for the first round of admissions, only those serious about getting into LNAT colleges apply to them and take the exam, avoiding those who take it to see what happens. It's rather underhand of them to do so, but they've got to find as many ways of tackling the competition levels as they can I suppose.

I still definitely think it's wrong though. Forget the unnecessary suspense and uncertainty regarding colleges, we paid £50 for this exam (70 quid if you wrote it abroad). I think we are entitled to some decent service from Pearson-Vue's side.
Reply 69
Original post by Holland96
16...I'm glad I didn't apply to anymore than 2 LNAT universities! I think my hopes of Nottingham are now out the window :frown:

Sorry to hear that, but they may not be! Providing everything else is strong they may over look it. Best of luck 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Guga96
Maybe so that the top unis.. don't loose applicants. But really for a student its pointless and even worst jeopardizing. Why waste an application if you know you did bad? Why wait forever for those LNAT unis?

One of my classmates asked the lady at the testing centre and apparently it's to prevent other unis who are not part of the LNAT consortium to see your score (without paying the fee to be an LNAT uni), which doesn't make sense since the results are sent individually to the unis
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 71
Original post by S_Ravel
Well, I'm not sure but the only reason I can see for delaying the announcement of results is to make sure people make their choices seriously. I mean, if the LNAT results were announced right after you did the exam, people would change their college choices if it went badly. I guess, by only releasing the results well past the Jan 15th deadline for the first round of admissions, only those serious about getting into LNAT colleges apply to them and take the exam, avoiding those who take it to see what happens. It's rather underhand of them to do so, but they've got to find as many ways of tackling the competition levels as they can I suppose.

I still definitely think it's wrong though. Forget the unnecessary suspense and uncertainty regarding colleges, we paid £50 for this exam (70 quid if you wrote it abroad). I think we are entitled to some decent service from Pearson-Vue's side.

Yet again, I agree!

Medical aptitude tests are far better organised, I feel.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 72
Original post by Holland96

Don't lose hope!! You can never know how strong your ps is!!
Was the average score on the email you were sent?
Why haven't i got mine back :frown:
Reply 74
There was a whole scandal with Pearson VUE sending out wrong scores in 2011, lets hope they don't screw up again.

http://l2b.thelawyer.com/lnat-releases-incorrect-test-results-to-aspiring-law-undergrads/1006834.article

But either way we are entitled to better service and communication... thus the fee. At least a specified date and time.
Reply 75
Original post by melmarbi
Don't lose hope!! You can never know how strong your ps is!!
Was the average score on the email you were sent?

I'm really sorry I don't know :frown: I got told my score on an email from oxford after I requested for feedback! :/
Reply 76
Has anyone received an email? Or are the results people posting from Feedback emails from uni
if oxford rejected me pre-interview is it likely due to a low lnat score? I had an IB predicted score of 42/45 if that helps:confused:
Reply 78
Original post by FloRo
Sorry to hear that, but they may not be! Providing everything else is strong they may over look it. Best of luck 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well I have an offer from Warwick so I guess everything else can't be too bad? :/
Original post by peachbanana
if oxford rejected me pre-interview is it likely due to a low lnat score? I had an IB predicted score of 42/45 if that helps:confused:

Friend had 44/45 and was rejected without interview from Oxfrod for his low LNAT score (below 20)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending