The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
No it is not true.

People can underachieve to any extent so that wouldn't be fair.

I think you're not allowed to appeal within a grade, i.e. A2 to an A1, or B4 to B3, but I could be wrong.
Reply 41
Do you know for a fact thats true because I seem to remeber a teacher telling me that you couldnt.
Reply 42
Is this true?

apparently not;
http://www.hsn.uk.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=3536&st=20 ...post 28 :wink:
Reply 43

Brilliant, looks like its possible to move up then :biggrin:
What's the point in arguing for an A1 from an A2? You're not technically meant to be told your band if I remember correctly?

However if you get something like a B, but you got 72% in your prelim, you most likely won't get appealed to an A. You are generally meant to be +5% into the grade you want to appeal to.

On another note, I was a crying wreck the day my results came in. Not a good day.
Reply 45
No I meant like you could only appeal to an A2 if you had a B3 etc.
Reply 46
Nightmares to date: 3.

Yh only 11 days to go.

What time you guys get your results last yr? Anyone have a really lazy postman?

mk
Dhesi
No I meant like you could only appeal to an A2 if you had a B3 etc.

Sorry, I'm lazy and was skim-reading the 3 page thread hah.

My postie is generally slow ie ~11:30am during the year and then bang! 9am for results day. Nice chap.
My friend's dad goes every year to the central post office to get her and her brothers' results at about 6am, if you're really desperate to know you could always do that! *is sadly seriously considering it*
Last year my post arrived at around 8.45am which I was pleased about. I hope it's a similar time this year:smile:

Are you all feeling confident about your results?
our postie usually arrives between 11:30 and 1 pm depending on the amount of mail. we live at the bottom of a street on a hill and our postie goes all the way up delivering every1 else's mail and our house gets its mail last in our street!

anyway last year i didnt get my results till 3pm! hope its better this year.

anyway goodluck to any one waiting for results this year. 10 days left!!!
Reply 51
yossarianlives
Sorry, I'm lazy and was skim-reading the 3 page thread hah.

My postie is generally slow ie ~11:30am during the year and then bang! 9am for results day. Nice chap.

My post doesnt come till 12.15 normally but im going to speak to the guy hopefuly to get it earlier.
Reply 52
yossarianlives
What's the point in arguing for an A1 from an A2? You're not technically meant to be told your band if I remember correctly?

I'm not so sure about that. If you take a look at an Oxbridge application, it specifically asks what band you got in Highers;

If you completed Scottish Highers, please list the grade and band, i.e. A1,A2, etc

and in other news, my postie should deliver mine before 11:30, by which point I'll be a nervous wreck and pacing the floor :rolleyes:
Yeah, they like to see your bands at oxbridge, but not the actual marks (which they do for a-levels). Hopefully I'll have band ones in the relevant subjects so I won't need to bother appealing for the rest, I don't think the sqa would really take an appeal from an A2 to an A1 particularly seriously.
NathanM
I'm not so sure about that. If you take a look at an Oxbridge application, it specifically asks what band you got in Highers;

That's new! At least for Cambridge. When I applied last year my bands went in my reference. Pretty good idea if you ask me; saves space on reference/PS and may place slightly less emphasis on tests (e.g. BMAT) which you can't really prepare for, whereas highers can be a bit formulaic.

10 days... *queasy*
Reply 55
Can't remember when the post arrived here last year. All i remember is the fact that for SG and H my parents were out when the results were delivered. I just continue life like a normal day and find that helps. just pick up the post when i gets here. It really annoys me when friends ring round to find out what all the other friends got just cos they've received theirs, they forget that you might not have them - thats when i start to worry!
Reply 56
I unplug my landline, switch off my mobile on results day. Family are told in the event of an emergency to call my dads mobile. Sorted haha.
Dhesi
I unplug my landline, switch off my mobile on results day. Family are told in the event of an emergency to call my dads mobile. Sorted haha.

Haha, sounds like a military operation! At least it's nice and sunny so we're not all cooped up inside like caged animals for the next few days.
Reply 58
Yeah thats exactly what I was thinking. Plus ive got some money to burn so I should be kept occupied lol.
My parents get back today so I've been doing a lot of neurotic cleaning to keep my mind off certain matters *wonders if she does enough dusting, she'll reach enlightenment*.

Latest

Trending

Trending