The Student Room Group

Sitting 6 A-level Maths exams in the summer?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Elle333
I'm doing the exact same thing 😩

Posted from TSR Mobile

How are you thinking of approaching revision etc? The idea of 6 maths exams terrifies me D:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kendellex
Papers are the best way I think for maths.
Maybe do a paper or two a week (maybe C1 and C2 one week then C3 and C4 the next). Once you come closer to the exams so more papers. That's what I did at AS and came out with all over 90. So I'm assuming it will apply with 6 papers :L

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah thanks for the advice, will give it a shot!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ArsenalObsessed
Well, I'm on top of C3 but I haven't the faintest clue what's going on in C4 >.< I have a really crap teacher who "covers" an entire section (e.g integration) in one lesson and expects us to understand what he's on about :confused: and yeah sure, I got a D. B's in C1 and C2 and a U on S1 :colonhash:

Maybe try looking up videos online and reading through the book ? Basically learning it by yourself :smile: I don't know what else to recommend if you have a bad teacher
Original post by Flauta
I've got 7, it feels horrible doesn't it! I've read over the specification for each exam and tried to look at stuff that overlaps to cut down on revision, for instance all the calculus and remainder/factor theorems.

That's a good idea actually, never looked at it that way! Are yours the A2 core exams or FM?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Username1818
Maybe try looking up videos online and reading through the book ? Basically learning it by yourself :smile: I don't know what else to recommend if your teacher is bad.

Yep, I relied on myself (and the lovely man that is Mr Examsolutions) to revise for my C3 mock a couple weeks back and managed to get an A. I'll probs do the same for C4. Thanks for the advice :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
After doing A-level maths, I can honestly say doing all the papers is probably the best way to revise (for me at least). I did C1,2,3,4 and S1 and S2 in one summer and I used every paper since 2005 to revise. The solution papers that comes with the exam papers are really good for going through each step of a question.
Original post by oyyoyy
My other A levels are bio and chem, which thankfully don't require much writing compared to the likes of English/politics etc.. [though bio does have 25 mark essays] and I've pretty much done the same thing, by doing past papers and by reading notes too.

Mine are English and History. :sigh: Trying to balance ridiculous amounts of extended reading/coursework as well as self-teaching the whole A-level Maths syllabus is not fun, I can tell you!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ShallWeDance?
After doing A-level maths, I can honestly say doing all the papers is probably the best way to revise (for me at least). I did C1,2,3,4 and S1 and S2 in one summer and I used every paper since 2005 to revise. The solution papers that comes with the exam papers are really good for going through each step of a question.

Aha yes, everyone keeps saying this actually. Were you resitting the AS modules or were you doing them for the first time? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 28
I'm doing are 6 maths exam, all bio and all chem this summer. I do As revision during weekends

Posted from TSR Mobile
Aha yes, everyone keeps saying this actually. Were you resitting the AS modules or were you doing them for the first time? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I resat the AS modules, you'd probably won't need to focus too much on C1 and C2 if you get the hang of C3 and C4. The papers all have similar styles/questions to each other so doing all the papers really helps to get used to them.
Original post by ShallWeDance?
I resat the AS modules, you'd probably won't need to focus too much on C1 and C2 if you get the hang of C3 and C4. The papers all have similar styles/questions to each other so doing all the papers really helps to get used to them.

Okay cool, thanks for the help :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by The_Blade
I'm doing are 6 maths exam, all bio and all chem this summer. I do As revision during weekends

Posted from TSR Mobile

But that's when I do my A2 revision/homework lol. I'm not as organised as you :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Damm man. How are some of you going to cope with like 20 exams? I think I need to do more resits now. This made me more motivated. Thanks brah

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm going to be sitting all of my A-level Maths exams (C1, C2, C3, C4, S1 and S2) in the summer to try and raise my chances of getting an A overall.

Any tips on how I should try and balance my AS & A2 revision? Also, is anyone else in this situation?

i'm doing AS maths and further maths, so i have 6 maths exams aswell

so far, i'm finding it really easy to balance my revision by doing a bit of my other 2 subjects after every hour or so of maths revision
Original post by QuantumSuicide
Damm man. How are some of you going to cope with like 20 exams? I think I need to do more resits now. This made me more motivated. Thanks brah

Posted from TSR Mobile

I actually only have 8, which isn't *that* bad :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 35
That's a good idea actually, never looked at it that way! Are yours the A2 core exams or FM?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Mine are A2 Core and A2 FM, couple stuff crops up in all of the exams like different derivative and integral rules :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by QuantumSuicide

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha yeah... I have like 15 in total, wish me luck xD
Spend 55% on C3, C4, 10% on C1,C2 and 35% on the applied modules.
Original post by Flauta
I've got 7, it feels horrible doesn't it! I've read over the specification for each exam and tried to look at stuff that overlaps to cut down on revision, for instance all the calculus and remainder/factor theorems.

I'm also doing 7 :P Fp1-3, S2,3, M2
Reply 38
Original post by keromedic
I'm also doing 7 :P Fp1-3, S2,3, M2

Gosh, yours are way worse than mine :O I'm doing C3,4 FP2,3 M1,2 S2. Pretty panicky about them all
Original post by Flauta
Gosh, yours are way worse than mine :O I'm doing C3,4 FP2,3 M1,2 S2. Pretty panicky about them all

Yey, you are doing the same modules as I am :biggrin:
(I'm also redoing everything from the first year)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending