The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Queen Mary Comparative literature applicants

Hi!
just wanted to see if many people have applied to comparative lit for September 2014 entry and if anyone has received any offers yet! I applied mid November, still haven't heard back yet! Also applied for literature at Kingston, reading, roehampton and Hertfordshire :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey,
I applied for Comparative Literature at Queen Mary too and I just got an offer! Where you at the open afternoon on Wednesday the 29th?

Original post by Beckaaa
Hi!
just wanted to see if many people have applied to comparative lit for September 2014 entry and if anyone has received any offers yet! I applied mid November, still haven't heard back yet! Also applied for literature at Kingston, reading, roehampton and Hertfordshire :smile:
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Reply 2
I applied in december and still no answer. Got a rejection from Royal Holloway though, for CL. Applied to Goldsmith as well... good luck!
Reply 3
Original post by Zeal17
Hey,
I applied for Comparative Literature at Queen Mary too and I just got an offer! Where you at the open afternoon on Wednesday the 29th?

I'm still to receive a response :frown: what were u offered if you don't mind me asking? and i plan on going to an open day a little later on. What do you think to the university?
Reply 4
Original post by hatterska
I applied in december and still no answer. Got a rejection from Royal Holloway though, for CL. Applied to Goldsmith as well... good luck!

I was going to apply to both of those but went for Kingston, Reading, Roehampton, QM and Hertfordshire for Literature of some sorts but only *really really* want to go Queen Mary!!!

Good Luck to you too :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by Beckaaa
I'm still to receive a response :frown: what were u offered if you don't mind me asking? and i plan on going to an open day a little later on. What do you think to the university?

Ohh okay! Well i was offered a place for comparative literature on its on (that's what i applied for) I think the uni is brilliant! I like its location, it's central to everything! And the course itself seems really interesting! Did you apply for comp lit on its own or joint with something else?
Reply 6
Just comparative lit :smile: the wait is killing me! lol
Reply 7
Ahhh okay! All the best! Let me know if you got it, fingers crossed :smile:
Reply 8
Hey,
I was wondering if any of you have gotten unconditional offers of place at QM and will be starting in sept 2014?
Reply 9
Original post by deqa.elmi
Hey,
I was wondering if any of you have gotten unconditional offers of place at QM and will be starting in sept 2014?

Hey!
I have received an unconditional offer and will be starting in September. What about you?
Original post by Zeal17
Hey!
I have received an unconditional offer and will be starting in September. What about you?

I'll be starting too, and I'm so excited :biggrin:. How do you feel about starting?, Was QM your first choice?
Reply 11
I'll be starting too, and I'm so excited :biggrin:. How do you feel about starting?, Was QM your first choice?

Yay! Congrats :smile: I'm really looking forward to starting! Yes QM was my first choice. Was it yours too?
Congrats to you too!, and yes QM was also my first choice. Will you be living on campus or travelling there? and Have you done research/prep for Comparative Literature?.

Sorry for all the questions, I've found it quite difficult to find a QM comp lit student Hahaa :smile:
Reply 13
Congrats to you too!, and yes QM was also my first choice. Will you be living on campus or travelling there? and Have you done research/prep for Comparative Literature?.

Sorry for all the questions, I've found it quite difficult to find a QM comp lit student Hahaa :smile:

That's alright! I've been finding it difficult to find other Comp Lit students too! This is good!

I will be living on Campus, what about you? Yes I've done a lot of research on it, asked loads of questions etc. I used the interview as an opportunity to find out more. I'm really looking forward to the start of the course :smile:

Did you have an interview?
That's great for you! You'll get the full uni experience. I'll be travelling there, as I'm local to the area. That's good, from research I've noticed that comp lit focuses on culture and context, which I like :smile:. I'm looking forward to it too! I've just done the online pre-enrolment.

And yes, I did have an interview. I was interviewed by a man named Galin, as I remember. It went surprisingly well, I felt quite intimidated and anxious beforehand lol. How was yours?
Reply 15
That's great for you! You'll get the full uni experience. I'll be travelling there, as I'm local to the area. That's good, from research I've noticed that comp lit focuses on culture and context, which I like :smile:. I'm looking forward to it too! I've just done the online pre-enrolment.

And yes, I did have an interview. I was interviewed by a man named Galin, as I remember. It went surprisingly well, I felt quite intimidated and anxious beforehand lol. How was yours?

I'm sure the experience will be good for you too :smile: I live far so living on Campus will be so beneficial. That's great, I'm yet to pre-enrol! Was it quite straight forward?

Like yours, my interview went surprisingly well. The person that interviewed me was so friendly which made it less intimidating for me.

Do you know if our course actually starts on the 15th? As that's meant to be the week of freshers
has anyone got any info about what's happening next week? specifically tomorrow...
Reply 17
Original post by jacquettab
has anyone got any info about what's happening next week? specifically tomorrow...

There is meant to be a meeting for the school of languages linguistics and film at 1:30pm today. It doesn't say anything about the place it will be at but I'm assuming in the Arts room
What grades did they offer you? Thanks
Reply 19
guuuyssss!!!!!
:cry2:
Please, can anybody help me to choose where is better to do MA in Comp Lit? Goldsmiths or Queen Mary?
I’m completely lost. I got a conditional offer from Goldsmiths and unconditional from QMUL. There is no time left to reply.
I'm applying from abroad, so I know nothing about them both and it's a HUGE effort for me to study in uk so i really want to choose wisely. I've read too many stuff online, asked lots of people on tumblr and it made me even more confused.
They say goldsmiths is more artsy type and qmul is all about science and only good for medicine, also i still can't get which one is in a better area (looks like they both are not??).
I'm an art critic and sort of nerd, so i'm looking for something academically advantageous, my studies and career perspectives are really important to me.

nobody replying to me :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending