The Student Room Group

where do I stand ?

I've met a wonderful guy, and we've had the equivalent of 4 dates spread across two separate weekends. He says he really likes me, and I feel the same about him, but unfortunately he's back home for the summer and so there are going to be intervals over the coming 2 months or so when we won't see each other for several weeks.

Therefore meeting him at this point isn't ideal because it's stalling the development of our relationship. All the signs are positive, and I'm confident that we will end up as a couple, but I'm wondering.. where do I stand ?

We've had several dates, done "stuff" once and he says he misses me lots, that he really wants to see me again etc. But do you think I should raise the issue of whether we're going to remain monogamous to each other, whether we're going to start officially dating ?

I will probably be seeing him again soon, and I'm really not sure whether I should raise the subject. Any advice ?
Reply 1
Too early I say.

As an aside, why do relationships need labels to be meaningful? I say this because you use the phrase 'official'. Do what feels right and try not to be concerned with the name that society might attach to the way you behave with your partner. How you feel about each other should decide what you do, not the name of the category that your relationship falls in.
Reply 2
your just going to have keep trying to go for dates. As the previous poster said, dont get hung up on labels, just enjoy what you have and worry about the finer details later.

Latest

Trending

Trending