The Student Room Group

Veterinary Medicine 2016!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lolaa97
Has anyone else just been offered an interview at Nottingham after initially being rejected??!

I have!! I'm so surprised :O
Original post by kidlikethat
This year is my second year applying, I missed my offer from Bristol last year. I very quickly decided I wanted to resit, emailed all the universities to see where I COULD apply and then went for it - applied as normal and hoped for the best!

Fingers crossed for you to get in first time though! :smile:

Did you have any other offers then?
Original post by Beckyy22!

Was it by post or emial?
Original post by dileksk
Did you have any other offers then?

I had my insurance offer, but decided I'd rather resit my exams rather than take the other course
Original post by Beckyy22!

me too! I was really surprised as well!!
Original post by equitab
Was it by post or emial?

mine was by post only!
Finally got my feedback from Surrey and I know that without an interview they are unlikely to be able to give specific feedback but I expected something a little less generic or perhaps some reference to my application. Anyone else had this?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Treen98
Finally got my feedback from Surrey and I know that without an interview they are unlikely to be able to give specific feedback but I expected something a little less generic or perhaps some reference to my application. Anyone else had this?

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you didn't get an interview it will be one of the following reasons:

Lacking work experience
Lacking grades somewhere be it GCSEs or A levels
Personal statement not strong enough?

I never applied to Surrey because they were VERY specific about having the exact GCSEs they asked for, despite me having a medical note for why I was missing one A, generally some/one the above are why you wouldn't have been offered an interview.

If your application was fine however I'm unsure why you weren't offered an interview, unless the competition was very strong and you were lacking what other applicants had

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lizziefickling
If you didn't get an interview it will be one of the following reasons:

Lacking work experience
Lacking grades somewhere be it GCSEs or A levels
Personal statement not strong enough?

I never applied to Surrey because they were VERY specific about having the exact GCSEs they asked for, despite me having a medical note for why I was missing one A, generally some/one the above are why you wouldn't have been offered an interview.

If your application was fine however I'm unsure why you weren't offered an interview, unless the competition was very strong and you were lacking what other applicants had

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks I know it does depend on the other applications they receive but I was just confused as despite meeting their entry requirements and doing well at other universities that I was rejected without interview. Never mind though, I don't suppose its necessary to understand how on earth they go about analysing each intake :tongue:
Original post by Treen98
Thanks I know it does depend on the other applications they receive but I was just confused as despite meeting their entry requirements and doing well at other universities that I was rejected without interview. Never mind though, I don't suppose its necessary to understand how on earth they go about analysing each intake :tongue:

Just be greatful of the ones you got, i imagine numerous people would have been over the moon with one successful application, if you have a place at another uni dont dwell on the others, embrace it :smile:
Original post by cward09
Just be greatful of the ones you got, i imagine numerous people would have been over the moon with one successful application, if you have a place at another uni dont dwell on the others, embrace it :smile:

Believe me I am :biggrin: I think if anyone is lucky enough to be offered a place they should be ecstatic. Its just that rejections can knock your self-confidence a little and I think it would help a lot of people (or at least me :colondollar: ) to understand why
Yeah i understand at least you got feed back i wasnt allowed due to being offered places elsewhere, but im glad thats how its panned out!
Hey :smile: does anyone roughly know how many applicants Nottingham would invite to their assessment day for people who initially got a rejection but are now being reconsidered? Do you think the chances are high that you'll receive an offer after the assessment day or is it as competitive as the normal interview day? I mean the ratio of applicants getting/not getting an offer after the interview. Maybe someone has had experience with this! Thank you :smile: (also sorry for any mistakes, English isn't my first language)
Hi :smile: does anyone know any work experience (especially farms) places on the wirral?
thanks
Hi :smile: I've got offers from RVC and from Bristol for veterinary medicine (with intercalated year at RVC). I can't decide between the two. On one hand RVC has a great reputation and accreditation, best in Europe etc. On the other hand, I like Bristol because its more of a mix - you won't only be surrounded by vets. I love Bristol city (though London is cool too). Any advice? I'm sure all vet schools in the UK are reputable and are great. I've heard rumours of Bristol having problems with the RCVS ?Any advice is greatly appreciated!Thanks,Katie
Original post by KatieLouise2
Hi :smile: I've got offers from RVC and from Bristol for veterinary medicine (with intercalated year at RVC). I can't decide between the two. On one hand RVC has a great reputation and accreditation, best in Europe etc. On the other hand, I like Bristol because its more of a mix - you won't only be surrounded by vets. I love Bristol city (though London is cool too). Any advice? I'm sure all vet schools in the UK are reputable and are great. I've heard rumours of Bristol having problems with the RCVS ?Any advice is greatly appreciated!Thanks,Katie

I wouldn't pick RVC- or any vet school- simply for its reputation, pick the one you like best and if that's Bristol then I'd go for that one if it was me 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Rvc is a great vet school,but it isn't the best. All the UK vet schools are pretty close

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm just going into 4th year at RVC and absolutely love it here! I've personally never had a problem with being surrounded by other vets. But if you want to mix with other types of students you can go into intercollegiate halls, where you live with students from a mixture of the London universities. But yeah I wouldn't say any of the vet schools are particularly better than the others, they're all very good! You do have to remember that you're going to be spending 5 years of your life at the uni, so you want to go to the one that you'll feel most at home at! :smile: If you have any other questions about RVC, feel free to drop me a message.

Bristol's most recent RCVS visitation was overwhelmingly positive, so no worries on that front!
Hi, I was wondering if any one knows about how things can pan out in August
I was on the waiting list for RVC, does anyone know of people getting called in August after a rejection?
Also, i would be grateful for any advice about the best places to get lambing work experience as well as with large animal vets (London)
thanks in advance!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending