The Student Room Group

Veterinary Medicine 2016!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Cjabuzz
I'm new to using One Note, have you got any advice/tips?

I use one note as well.
I summarise stuff on it, add pictures etc, and I attach a recording of the lecture and the lecture itself to it so I've got references. I split everything up into books so parasitology has its own book, pathology etc

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3521
Hi all, Bristol phoned me yesterday and offered me a place!!!! I actually can't believe it! Who else is off to Bristol? Would be great to talk to some people before I go. Also, I need to find somewhere to live asap and uni accommodation is full so is anyone looking for a housemate?
Original post by Zoe08
Hi all, Bristol phoned me yesterday and offered me a place!!!! I actually can't believe it! Who else is off to Bristol? Would be great to talk to some people before I go. Also, I need to find somewhere to live asap and uni accommodation is full so is anyone looking for a housemate?

If you join the Facebook group you'll have more luck :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Little Tail Chaser
Congratulations to your daughter! :h: I'm sure she will have a fantastic time at Liverpool.

To clarify however, this is different to Clearing. Several vet schools have been giving interviewees offers on results day for a few years now. In this case Surrey was accepting entirely new applications from people who didn't apply there in September or previously have an interview with them.

Nottingham also had places through clearing.
I applied to Surrey through clearing, attended an interview and got an unconditional deferred offer for next year. There was 15 of us, so I'm assuming either 3 or 5 places available. I haven't heard of anyone else got an offer, but I know they filled their places.
Original post by Cowie315
Nottingham also had places through clearing.
I applied to Surrey through clearing, attended an interview and got an unconditional deferred offer for next year. There was 15 of us, so I'm assuming either 3 or 5 places available. I haven't heard of anyone else got an offer, but I know they filled their places.

Are you sure it was clearing and not just people who'd had interviews being rung up on results day? The difference with clearing is it goes to people who haven't had an interview (they must still have an interview to get the place, but this was arranged after results day) & as far as I know Surrey was the only place to have vet places in clearing, possibly for the first time ever
Original post by Louiseee_
Are you sure it was clearing and not just people who'd had interviews being rung up on results day? The difference with clearing is it goes to people who haven't had an interview (they must still have an interview to get the place, but this was arranged after results day) & as far as I know Surrey was the only place to have vet places in clearing, possibly for the first time ever

Surrey have had places through clearing previously too.
I rang Nottingham on results day, and they said that yes they did have places through clearing but they would only accept applications from people who already had a UCAS - I hadn't got a UCAS form yet. This was in response to me specifically asking if they had vetmed places through clearing, perhaps they misunderstood me.
Original post by beckycat
Wow this thread is early!

Hi I'm a first year vet student at the RVC, which means I'll be starting 4th year if/when you start vet school in 2016. That's a scary thought! :O

I found the 2013 thread great to read through when I was applying. If you have any questions about applying/RVC feel free to ask, I'm more than happy to help :smile:

Sorry I'm (more than) a couple years late (oops) but I was wondering if there was anyone on your course that didn't get the grades and yet got in. Also, did your predicted a level grades meet the requirements? I'm one grade under and worried about applying in fear of not getting in - thanks in advance xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending