The Student Room Group
It's a very good uni. Just because it's not Oxbridge doesn't mean it's bad.
Reply 2
Its a good uni apparently .. one of the good ones (not the best like oxbridge) but yeah

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Its a Russel Group so no complaining there.
It's overrated imo but it's not terrible at all. All in all, it's alright.
Reply 5
I have wanted to go to KCL for years.

Maybe its because i'm a Londoner and many of the brightest working class from London seem to end up there.

For some subjects (law stands out) KCL is one of the top Unis in the world.

Its definitely behind UCL, but there isn't a huge difference.
Reply 6
Some courses they are top class at it.

Others are very mediocre with but with high entry requirements

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
I'm doing law and I applied to both. Still haven't heard from them though. Out of the London unis and for law the ranking is UCL, LSE and then KCL. So I would go for UCL if I were you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
I cant agree with that because I got into Oxford but still haven't heard from kings. Plus for law the grade requirements are higher than for Oxford and equal to what Cambridge ask for.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
OP , KCL is a very good university. All University of London colleges are excellent. (Not biased from me) but they are known for excellent standards amongst staff and students.

Original post by Slyca
Its a Russel Group so no complaining there.

Russell Group are overrated... and I'm not say that because I'm going to a non RG uni (it's just as prestigious tbh)

Posted from TSR Mobile
The only guy I know who went there was bone idle in every aspect of his life !!!
OP - KCL is an excellent uni

Original post by Old_Simon
The only guy I know who went there was bone idle in every aspect of his life !!!

You can find people like that at any uni - very often because they were forced to study hard at school level, and once they got to uni there was no one there to force them - or even express disapproval. One I knew, for instance (not at KCL) had left boarding school with a string of A grades, but as soon as he got to uni he became bone idle and failed first year.

I'd only worry if they were academically bone idle and left with a good degree classification.
Original post by Origami Bullets

I'd only worry if they were academically bone idle and left with a good degree classification.

You are wise beyond your years, Hedgepiglet.
Original post by carnationlilyrose
You are wise beyond your years, Hedgepiglet.

:hat2: The renamings get better everytime :biggrin:
Original post by Origami Bullets
:hat2: The renamings get better everytime :biggrin:

I like furze-pig also.
Reply 15
King's College is a VERY GOOD university (I walked past it when I was in London last October and it looked fabulous)! :biggrin: It has a world-class reputation. A friend of my friend's studying there and she loves it there (remember that uni is what you make of it anyway)! Wish I had applied there for medicine as the course seems great... :smile:

I might be a bit biased because I love London. :wink:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 16
Original post by Lord Jon
OP , KCL is a very good university. All University of London colleges are excellent. (Not biased from me) but they are known for excellent standards amongst staff and students.

Russell Group are overrated... and I'm not say that because I'm going to a non RG uni (it's just as prestigious tbh)

Posted from TSR Mobile

That depends ion what your studying. as a pharmacy student it don't matter to me but for a econ student may to a lot better at LSE then portsmouth

Latest

Trending

Trending