The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Are there any LSE historians out there?

Basically as it says in the title. Are you history at LSE? Can you please give us some feedback on how hard/easy it is? DO you like the tutors there? How is the workload? etc....
Reply 1
Original post by arminb
Basically as it says in the title. Are you history at LSE? Can you please give us some feedback on how hard/easy it is? DO you like the tutors there? How is the workload? etc....

LSE is one of the best Universities in the world, especially for History. If you get in definitely go for it!

Workload is probably going to involve a lot of reading but History is really interesting so hey.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
Original post by jabbawaza
LSE is one of the best Universities in the world, especially for History. If you get in definitely go for it!

Workload is probably going to involve a lot of reading but History is really interesting so hey.

yea bro I've already firmed it. I just want to know how serious it is there. By 'serious' I mean how it compares to Oxford (rejectee here :frown:). Are we going to write a lot of essays there? Does the library have enough books? Is there room for creativity or will they just tell us what to write? A lot of questions that I don't have anyone to ask.
Reply 3
Original post by arminb
yea bro I've already firmed it. I just want to know how serious it is there. By 'serious' I mean how it compares to Oxford (rejectee here :frown:). Are we going to write a lot of essays there? Does the library have enough books? Is there room for creativity or will they just tell us what to write? A lot of questions that I don't have anyone to ask.

I haven't attended LSE so are can't really say. With regards to books, I'm guessing a world top 100 uni does quite well in that department.

Creativity part is just a load of BS. You will get taught a course and answer exams. What does 'creativity' even mean? You will get to be creative on your PHD. In your degree you will just get your head down and work.

You may have the choice to write essays from a selection of topics and can probably choose a open module in 2nd or 3rd year. (check the website).

Congrats on the offer!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending