The Student Room Group

I'm in such a pickle - Help!

(edited 10 years ago)
Have you sat down with your dad and spoke to him about how much you want to change?
Seems very unfair hes trying to dictate your future. Only you can decide what direction you want your life to go in.
If you cant resolve it then lying or getting a job may be your only option.
And I know plenty of people who work part time throughout university.
So far you have been extremely lucky having someone fund your nights out clothes food and general living.

Posted from TSR Mobile
You shouldn't allow your father to dictate your choice of degree and university at any age, let alone at 22. You need to assert your independence, and that means cutting the purse strings along with the apron strings. Working and studying at the same time is hard, but it can be done. My advice is to start looking for a job now. If you are not going to complete your current year, use the next few months to earn as much as you can for next year.
Reply 3
Hello. Trust me, creting a web of lies around you isn't definitely a solution for your problem. I did the same thing when I was 18 and I regret it, thankfully my parents were very compreensive and understood what I was going through, so my advice would be for you to be honest with your father and explain him that Comp Lit is really what you really want to do and that you feel living away from home is the best for you.
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending