The Student Room Group
School of Oriental and African Studies
London

Soas applicants 2014 facebook thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by electroviolet
Hey :smile:

I think Alex is making a FB group this week?

Yepo, I will be - Probably tommorow, will invite peeps when it's made :biggrin:
School of Oriental and African Studies
London
yayyy! :bl: (I had to use that smilie, it's the best thing I've ever seen, haha)
Reply 42
Hi guys!!
Sorry I've been MIA lately!! I went down to SOAS the other week for a guided tour and it was reeeeeealy great. (The library is amazing!)
I accepted my offer for Japanese and Linguistics the other day. I look forward to meeting you all!!
(I'm Alice by the way)
Reply 43
I was down the other day for an interview and it looks awesome! Btw did you see the two guys with what looked like rice and beans? There was a massive que for it but I didn't have time and I really want to know what it was.
Reply 44
Original post by Neepsaye
I was down the other day for an interview and it looks awesome! Btw did you see the two guys with what looked like rice and beans? There was a massive que for it but I didn't have time and I really want to know what it was.

Ye. They're the Hare Krishna guys, they apparently hand out free food every day (for donations).
Hey Alice :smile:

Ahhh I can't wait for the insight day - I've visited a few times before & love it, but will be good to ask questions, etc.

I really want to try the Hare Krishna food!
Reply 46
Original post by electroviolet
Hey Alice :smile:

Ahhh I can't wait for the insight day - I've visited a few times before & love it, but will be good to ask questions, etc.

I really want to try the Hare Krishna food!

I really wish I could go, but I'm in the middle of speaking exams so I can't! The Hare Krishna food smelt AMAZING by the way.
Original post by Yewen
I really wish I could go, but I'm in the middle of speaking exams so I can't! The Hare Krishna food smelt AMAZING by the way.

awww, nvm, at least you've visited! Mmmm food :biggrin: Good luck in your exams :smile:
Reply 48
made this about a month ago aha /groups/SOAS15/
sorry Dan, didn't realise! Have joined it now :smile:
also been adding everyone on FB :biggrin:
Reply 51
Hey I'm going to SOAS in September to study international development and international relations! Is anyone else?
Original post by fhayesx
Hey I'm going to SOAS in September to study international development and international relations! Is anyone else?
Where are you from?
Reply 53
I'm from Lincolnshire you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 54
Original post by fhayesx

Development studies and African studies :smile:)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hello everyone!!
Does anybody here have some info on the class sizes in tutorials and lectures? Also, I've heard that many courses have back to back lectures in different buildings or something...do you know anything about it?
My questions might sound stupid, but i m just trying to gather as much info as possible since I got accepted by two different universities (Japanese studies T200 at SOAS and Chinese and Linguistics at Westminster) and I m trying to figure out what to do
I'm a first year at Hertfordshire, but I've reapplied to SOAS to study Japanese. I got DDM in my BTEC and that's the minimum entry requirement; I really hope I get accepted.

Posting here will only get my hopes up, but I'm doing it anyway...
Reply 57
Hey man, I've applied for the same course, join the facebook group and chat to us all, I'm the admin, I'm Dan by the way.
I applied with a btec and got a conditional DDM also. With that and a solid statement, I'm sure your chances of getting in are good :smile:

the group's URL is a /groups/SOAS15/
Thanks, that encourages me a little 8) I'd rather wait for a reply from SOAS before I join the group. I'd only be digging myself a deeper hole if I joined a freshers' thing on fb only to get rejected haha.
Reply 59
Original post by fhayesx

I've just accepted my offer to study international relations at SOAS!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending