The Student Room Group

girls, how insecure do you feel without makeup?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MidnightDream
I don't wear make up at all. I haven't got a perfect face, I have marks and spots and whatnot but I'm happy with the skin I'm in :smile:

This haha. Everybody has seen me at my ugliest, it can only get better from there :smile:
Reply 21
Original post by StartSomething
I feel ok without make-up. I will go to Tescos or to a friends house or wherever without make-up. I don't feel insecure not wearing it because I forget that I'm not wearing any make-up and I don't care what people think.
However I can't go to work without make-up on. I have tried and just can't do it without wearing at least a little bit. I think I look better with make-up on.
I wish I could feel confident enough to go to work without make-up on. It would make mornings so much quicker and I think my skin would look better.

How comes? Do you think they would judge you or? Most of it is in your mind, in my experience people really aren't bothered.
I couldn't leave the house without it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't wear make up most of the time and when I do it's very light (lip stain, BB cream, sometimes eyeliner and mascara).

When people use make up to cover their features it doesn't look good and heavy make up is unattractive. Make up should enhance your features, not hide them.
Original post by Precious Illusions
How comes? Do you think they would judge you or? Most of it is in your mind, in my experience people really aren't bothered.

I'm not sure. I don't think it's so much about being judged, but more because I think that I look nicer with make-up on, and like to look as best as I can at work. I would go to a work friends house without make-up on, but I wouldn't actually go into work without it. I know people don't care. Maybe someday I will be able not wear make-up at all.

My skin is so pale too. Often if I'm not wearing make-up my Dad asks me if I'm ill because apparently I look pale :/
I actually feel uncomfortable with make up on. I hardly ever wear it because I don't know how to wear it x_x but I absolutely love my skin and I think its about time that us girls learn to love ourselves no matter what we look like naturally
I don't like it. I nearly always wear it. Without it im not thaat insecure. Just feel better with it on. Normal make up routine is foundation (not liquid feel. Looks cakier imo. Top liner. Mascara eye liner. Concealer. Fill in my brows. Get a better shape out of them. Contour cheeks with bronzer. Then a little blush. Then lip liner and lipstick. Takes about 45 mins.
I've been feeling better without it since I started acne medication, but my housemate today asked me why my face was all red and I got really upset. So that wasn't great.
I can't stand myself without make up. I feel horrible without it on, and up until a few weeks ago, I wouldn't go to university without it on. The only reason I do now is because I have 3 early lectures and so I often don't have time to put my make up on.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 29
Original post by adi19956
How did you give spots to yourself?

:lol: exactly what I thought!

But OP I don't think I feel insecure without it, i only ever use concealer.. I only wear a lot more make up when I'm going to parties and weddings :smile:
Original post by feathergirl
I'd feel insecure with makeup, since I don't really know what all the products are for or how to put it on :tongue: If I attempt to wear it I feel like everyone is looking at me. Plus I have very sensitive skin, so putting stuff on my face probably wouldn't be a good idea. I can completely understand people who wear makeup everyday though, it's all about what you're comfortable with.

Yeah this is literally my answer.

Posted from TSR Mobile
It depends how good my skin is. To be honest when I'm at home I live in a rural area and I'm not fussed about popping to the shops or walking my dogs with no make up on. But at uni I live in a massively studenty area and the chances of me bumping into someone I know are high so I always have a tiny bit on. I'd also never go to uni without make up on, I'd be scared that my coursemates would think I look really ugly without make up or tell me I looked tired/ask me if I'm ill.
I wear make up every day and I wouldn't go out without it. However, I'm more chilled about letting people see me without it than I used to be, for several reasons
- I have housemates, and you can't expect that they will never see you without make up on
- I'm not a teenager any more, so the whole teenage angst but isn't really a thing any more
- my skin has got better with age
I naturally have very clear skin, so I rarely wear makeup, especially if I'm just going to uni. Sometimes I'll put on eyeliner and mascara.

I still do my makeup properly if I'm going on a night out, or if I'm working :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 34
people don't look at other people anymirw because they so clued up to their mobiles!
Reply 35
It depends, I wear very little makeup (just concealer and mascara usually) and I'll happily leave the house with no makeup on even if I think I look ****... but it's just a routine I go through on uni days I guess? I have zero problem with people seeing me with none on but I just put it on more often than not I suppose
Depends where I'm going. If I was in a club with no make-up I'd feel very insecure.

Tbh, if I had nice skin I'd happily go about with just mascara on, but my face is acne-prone and scars like a bitch. At this precise moment it looks like a war's broken out on my jawline.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 37
I can go out without nothing on, i look like a ghost like but sometimes it's just nice to let your face breathe, don't wear much anyway, i don't think a lot of girls do unless your out on the town, then girls glam up :smile:)
Reply 38
I never wear make-up, mainly because I can't really be bothered in the morning, but also because I guess its better to look bad because I'm not trying, than to try really heard and still look awful!
Not really bothered... its the last thing I do before going out and if I don't have time it just doesn't happen. I don't bother with much anyway.

Quick Reply

Latest