The Student Room Group

London Academy of Excellence

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Crystalz
Well done! I'll see you at the induction day!!

Crystal do you go to LAE
Original post by Desingu
Crystal do you go to LAE

Yes I do :smile: feel free to PM me with any questions you may have
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 22
Crystal can you tell me about the teachers for biology, chemistry, maths and further maths please. Is there any disruption during lesson? What is the uniform code? Is there any booster classes?
Thank you
Original post by Desingu
Crystal can you tell me about the teachers for biology, chemistry, maths and further maths please. Is there any disruption during lesson? What is the uniform code? Is there any booster classes?
Thank you

In short the maths department is quite strong, as well as the chemistry department this year. Biology is a little more independent but that comes with the subject. The teachers are a mixed bag as you'll find in all schools but there aren't really any BAD teachers. It's quite independent though, you are expected to put work in yourself. Work does not stop at school.
The uniform is smart casual. If you're a boy that more or less means a suit, if you are a girl you have a wide range to choose from. You can wear a lot. Booster classes start after December i think and there are many. It's up to you to attend though you won't be forced. Some people it will be advised they attend but anyone can go usually.
Reply 24
Thank you Crystal for the info.
can you tell me about the school in general?
what year are you in?
does LAE take students to universities and get lectures like the newham collegiate sixth form
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 25
Original post by Desingu
Thank you Crystal for the info.
can you tell me about the school in general?
what year are you in?
does LAE take students to universities and get lectures like the newham collegiate sixth form

Hey sorry for just popping outta nowhere. I AM currently in year 12 studying Maths Physics Chemistry Geography.

You get many opportunities at LAE and not just visiting universities and lectures (which you do). Other opportunities include CCF (Combined Cadet Force) which is through at private school at (Forest School,Snarebrook), also others incle Duke Of Edinburgh, Outreach etc

There are also education related opprtunities at LAE, such as one I am taking part in which involves doing Electrochemistry at Highgate School (yet another private school) with Professor Compton's group from the University of Oxford - very exciting!

Feel free to ask more questions

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest