The Student Room Group

Combined Science and History/Ancient History

Does anybody know if there is a university that offers a joint honors to study ancient history and a science based subject. preferably physics or chemistry, but i'm interested in any ideas. Thanks
UCL arts and sciences and the new Birmingham combined arts/science course or the Liverpool major minor course. Durham, it COULD be possible but I don't think combined arts/social sciences extends to physics. Maybe KCL Liberal arts too but I doubt it. You'll be hard pushed to find a place that does this though
Durham's combined honours/natural sciences regulations allow you to take up to 50% of your modules from outside of the program, so you could combine history, chemistry and/or physics. Exeter's Flexible Combined Honours program may also work. There might be constraints when it comes to specific combinations and timetabling though.

As for any other courses like UCL's "Arts and Sciences", be sure to research them fully, as there are often compulsory interdisciplinary modules which you may end up hating (e.g. http://www.ucl.ac.uk/basc/prospective/structure).

Consider what your employment opportunities will be like - if you don't do enough physics/chemistry in your degree, you might not be employable in those fields after you graduate. If you are considering working in the sciences later on, then it might be best to make the degree more science-heavy.
Reply 3
Thank you both for your advice, I will look into it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending