The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Haha I just got my accommodation offer today......single ensuite room at John dodgeson!!! I need to go see it cause this place doesnt look that good either!!!!
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
POLAND CALLING!!!
Haha I just got my accommodation offer today......single ensuite room at John dodgeson!!! I need to go see it cause this place doesnt look that good either!!!!

Doesn't look that bad - at least it looks like you'll get an en suite! I am not looking forward to sharing a bathroom.
Reply 3
hey i got an offer for astor college nice location not 2 sure about the facilities ensuite etc
Reply 4
When did you guyz apply for Accomodation? But i read somewhere that you get allocated a random number, and they allocate your rooms in order
Reply 5
I'm confused.. How come people are getting accommodation offers already? Is it just international students or are they randomly beginning to allocate places? I was told I wouldn't hear anything till September 8th. It would be nice to know where I'll be living!
Reply 6
Ludivine
I'm confused.. How come people are getting accommodation offers already? Is it just international students or are they randomly beginning to allocate places? I was told I wouldn't hear anything till September 8th. It would be nice to know where I'll be living!

Same, this might be for unconditional offers
Reply 7
Yeah, I'm an unconditional. I suppose they get the unconditionals out of the way as there is prob quite a rush to sort stuff out after the results come out.
Reply 8
forkwise
Same, this might be for unconditional offers

What might be for unconditional offers? I have an unconditional offer, and I still have to wait quite a while for accommodation if indeed I don't hear till Sept 8th.
Reply 9
Oh :confused: I would have thought they gave unconditionals accommodation long before Sep 8th
Nope Ive got an unconditional offer as well and well looks like all of us who are already in get their accommodation offer now!! LOL
Reply 11
POLAND CALLING!!!
Nope Ive got an unconditional offer as well and well looks like all of us who are already in get their accommodation offer now!! LOL

well, they changed my offer today to unconditional...do you have to reply anything to the accommodation?
Reply 12
POLAND CALLING!!!

I'm already in. I don't have an accommodation offer now.

I'll take your word for it though and expect (ok, hope for) mine soon.
Reply 13
i have an unconditional offer as well.
Reply 14
Ramsay hall, single room.

Doesn't say anything about en suite or not, but I didn't apply for one, so I assume not en suite. £133.98 per week, or £4799.06 sessional.

"Planning consent has been granted for a one-hundred bed new block in the Ramsay quadrangle. Building works are expected to begin in the autumn term, with work occurring from 8:00am to 6:00pm Monday to Friday, with some limited Saturday working. Enabling works will be undertaken to link this extension with the current dining room. In addition the kitchen and dining room will be closed for refurbishment (work occuring from 8:00am to 6:00pm Monday to Friday) from the start of the academic year.

[...]

Breakfast and evening meals will be provided in the first term, and subsequently until the refurbishment at Ramsay is completed, in the College refectory".
(Source: additional leaflet to the Student Residences General Regulations, attached to my offer).

The College refectory is located just east from the main quadrangle.

I'm wondering if I'm paying an extra £17 (from last year) per week, to pay for something that makes me have to walk some additional 1-2 miles each day.
Reply 15
I have an offer for Connaught Hall - I had an unconditional offer from UCL as well. I haven't received anything in the mail though - I got curious after all of your responses, and called the accommodation office this morning :P They didn't know anything about fee's though..b/c it's intercoll.
Reply 16
Oh god, I'm getting so impatient now. I want to know! (Though, it seems I'll be spending most of my time in Ramsey Hall, single room.)
Reply 17
Ludivine
Oh god, I'm getting so impatient now. I want to know! (Though, it seems I'll be spending most of my time in Ramsey Hall, single room.)

Let's hope it's not too far from Ramsay. I mean, I don't want you to have to walk too long distances when you've forgotten your hair dryer or something.
Reply 18
jb_sweden
Let's hope it's not too far from Ramsay. I mean, I don't want you to have to walk too long distances when you've forgotten your hair dryer or something.

I don't dry my hair. I'm what you call "low maintenance". Ahem.
Reply 19
Ludivine
I don't dry my hair. I'm what you call "low maintenance". Ahem.

Right. "low maintenance".

Tell that to my AmEx.

Latest

Trending

Trending